Movies: Rick Moranis to return to acting in new sequel for Honey I Shrunk the Kids

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Rick Moranis is leaving his decades-long hiatus from live-action acting to join Disney’s sequel to its 1989 blockbuster “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids,” Variety has confirmed.

Moranis will reprise his role as Wayne Szalinski, the crackpot scientist who accidentally shrunk his children (and the neighbor’s kids), then accidentally made his infant child enormous in 1992’s “Honey, I Blew Up the Kid,” and then accidentally shrunk himself and his wife in the 1997 straight-to-video sequel “Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves!” — which was also the last time Moranis acted in a live-action feature.

In the new film, which has the aptly condensed title “Shrunk,” Josh Gad will play Szalinski’s son (played by young actor Robert Oliveri in the 1989 and 1992 films), who, yes, accidentally shrinks his family. Original director Joe Johnston is returning to make the sequel, with Todd Rosenberg writing the script.

Last live action film he did was Honey , We Shrunk Ourselves in 1997

He retired to take care of his kids after being left single when his wife passed away from cancer

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
What an original idea. Hollywood pulls through again with something everybody has been asking for! Finally an original movie idea!

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
What ground can a revival of this franchise cover that isn't already in the Ant-Man movies?

Its good to see Moranis back in the biz, but I struggle to see how this could have anything unique at this stage.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Just rewatched Honey I Shrunk The Kids and Honey I blew up the Kid. Part of me thinks they can't possible recapture the feeling in those movies. They worked great with the technology that they had in the 90s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad