Richards-Bickell-Smith

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The other 3 lines were solid on Saturday. How many times are all 4 lines going to be on fire? Give it more than 2 games.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
If Teravainen can force his way onto the starting roster by seasons end, and if Versteeg bounces back and finds his form, imagine this...

86-19-81
20-65-88
10-91-23
29-16-28

Or maybe...

29-19-23
20-91-88
10-86-81
28-16-65

For all we know though TT might not even break into the every day lineup till next year, and Versteeg might be just as bad as he was last year. But im hoping for the best case scenario....

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
How would putting Morin who has not looked good on that line change things?

Since Q wont break up that 2nd line it seems or take Hossa away from Toews maybe

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Shaw-Kane
Sharp-Richards-Smith would be worth a look (Smith replaced when Steeger is healthy)

Not ideal or likely except for a few shifts in desperation times in a regular season game.

In a playoff game where you want to mix up the team and have an offensive touch on all the lines with Kruger maintaining a checking line, it's a good situation and it's basically the same thing Q has gone to some times in the past.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Was going to post this in the old game thread with the talk about Richards, but I might as well post it here now.

Richards may not be as good as we hoped he would be, but he's still got an edge on Zus, and for me that's all that really matters. It's an improvement, and even a slight improvement is a positive.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Put me down in favor of moving Sharpie to the third line (with Bicks replacing him on the first line). Without Steeger, we need a goal scorer playing with Richards on that third line, not a power forward (Bickell) and a player who is known more for his defensive prowess than his offensive capabilities (Smith). We'd be better off spreading out our offense.

That or we just continue to bench the third line.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think it is going to take more than 3 games for Richards to get comfortable playing with the Hawks. Just give it some time and it will work out. Is he a perfect player no but is a solid-good player at this point and is smart enough to figure things out.

Although he had a bone head play that gave up a breakaway on the PP last game I can see why they use him on the point. He knows how to get the puck on net which is better than most of our point players. I would actually like to see Richards switched with Sharpie on our power play units. I know shooting in a good thing but if i see another one timer from Sharp with his heals on the blue line I am going to lose my mind. Yes he shot the puck we scored on last game but I would much rather see him on a wing. Rant over.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
What happened to all you Richards pumpers? Richards is competing with Zeus and Morrison for who is the worst #2 center acquired by clueless Bowman. I still believe Richards is better than the other two by a nose. Richard should have a speed contest with Bolig for who is the slowest skater.

Nothingman*

What happened to all you Richards pumpers? Richards is competing with Zeus and Morrison for who is the worst #2 center acquired by clueless Bowman. I still believe Richards is better than the other two by a nose. Richard should have a speed contest with Bolig for who is the slowest skater.

Just 3 games. But.....that is showing to be the case after 3 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad