Richards-Bickell-Smith

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How would putting Morin who has not looked good on that line change things?

Since Q wont break up that 2nd line it seems or take Hossa away from Toews maybe

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Shaw-Kane
Sharp-Richards-Smith would be worth a look (Smith replaced when Steeger is healthy)

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Very early so we gotta give it more time. Lets see if they can get it going here over the next few games, cuz i think the other 3 lines will be just fine. I love the energy in that Carcillo - Kruger - Morin line. Very nice 4th line if they keep it up. When Versteeg comes back maybe try him on the 3rd line with 29 and 91 and move Smith back down to the 4th line. Either way gotta give it time, especially with Richards, to see what the best combos will be. I think eventually we'll find a 3rd line that will click.

Other potential scenarios might include TT being called up sometime later in the year and joining the mix. Im not sure it will happen, but if he really impresses at Rockford and gets a temporary showing with the Hawks because of a short term injury, he might prove he's too good to not keep around, and then earn a permanent spot over either Morin, Carcillo, or Versteeg.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Morin, Richards and Rundblad have all looked out of place so far. But it's only 2 games...let's give these guys some time to fit in.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
How would putting Morin who has not looked good on that line change things?

Since Q wont break up that 2nd line it seems or take Hossa away from Toews maybe

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Shaw-Kane
Sharp-Richards-Smith would be worth a look (Smith replaced when Steeger is healthy)

I wouldn't mind your idea of Bickell and Sharp swapped and seeing what happens, but Bickell and Morin did show some chemistry at the end of last regular season when there was that Bickell-Regin-Morin line because of injuries.

Also, Kruger and Smith have chemistry that we are missing out on by having Smith up on the 3rd line.

massey1984

Some Guy from the Chicago suburbs
Jun 2, 2009
McHenry County
There are two options...

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-Richards-Hossa
Bickell-Shaw-Morin
Smith-Kruger-Carcillo

or

Sharp-Toews-Morin
Bickell-Shaw-Kane
Saad-Richards-Hossa
Smith-Kruger-Carcillo

I like the second option because they spread the talent out while keeping each line balanced and create mismatches. When Versteeg returns alternate him with Carcillo.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Need to give Morin and Richards a bit more time to gel, especially Richards. Morin's time is going to be running out soon, especially with the way Carbomb is playing at this time.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Morin, Richards and Rundblad have all looked out of place so far. But it's only 2 games...let's give these guys some time to fit in.

I must agree. No surprise that Richard's foot speed is hindering him but I think he still can adapt. Morin, same issue, and I must admit to being disappointed so far. Rundblad has shown me nothing to be in this line-up.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Runblad really needs to be sent down. (he will be claimed) but he needs to play. he just has not played enough games in the last 1-2 years. IMO. That is the reason the trade looks bad. If they could have sent him down this year for 1/2 year an get some games under his belt It would have made more sense.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I'd prefer to see a loss before any line shuffling is done. I'm fine having the top 6 carry the load and this line plug along right now if they rack up points.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Need to give Morin and Richards a bit more time to gel, especially Richards. Morin's time is going to be running out soon, especially with the way Carbomb is playing at this time.

I must agree. No surprise that Richard's foot speed is hindering him but I think he still can adapt. Morin, same issue, and I must admit to being disappointed so far. Rundblad has shown me nothing to be in this line-up.

Morin and Richards have shown flashes, though not enough. Between the two I'd say Morin has looked a bit better. Richards has gone for the too flashy pass too often.

Rundblad has not looked good, period.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
It has only been two games. And saying Rundblad hasn't been good at all isn't really true.
He hasn't been great, but he hasn't been awful. Just replaceable. I feel like people hold a grudge because we gave up a second for him.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
It has only been two games. And saying Rundblad hasn't been good at all isn't really true.
He hasn't been great, but he hasn't been awful. Just replaceable. I feel like people hold a grudge because we gave up a second for him.

It was too much to give up for him. Especially given his status where he can't be properly acclimated to the Hawks system in Rockford.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
It was too much to give up for him. Especially given his status where he can't be properly acclimated to the Hawks system in Rockford.

I definitely agree that he wasn't worth a second.
But I feel like that is the only reason that people are calling him terrible. When he hasn't been terrible.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
But I feel like that is the only reason that people are calling him terrible. When he hasn't been terrible.

How would you classify his game, if not terrible? I never thought I'd say this, but right now, I'm anxious to get Rozy back. Rundblad is not an NHL dman.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014

I think he has been terrible

He certainly lacks quickness and he adds nothing to the back end

Rozy or even Brookbank would be a better option than RunBAD

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Never said he was good. Terrible is exaggerating it though. He has made some good plays. You guys make it sound like he has directly lead to every goal scored or something.

Yeah he had a bad blow out last game, but Corey made the save and it was over. It happens to a lot of d-men. Other than that, he has just kinda been there skating around. I don't want him to play every game by any means, but terrible is not how I would describe him in these 2 games.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Bickell - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Richards - Hossa
Saad - Shaw - Versteeg
Carcillo/Morin - Kruger - Smith

This could potentially work out very well Versteeg is able to bounce back(like he looked during the preseason).

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
2 games... never played together. Give them time.

I'd Change Smith with Morin and get Smith with Krüger back, but we have been good so far

mintsauce

Feb 4, 2005
Ontario
www.livejournal.com
I'm giving Richards the benefit of the doubt, certainly.

The guy is on a new team and just became a dad a few days ago, if that kind of life event doesn't have an impact then I don't know what would.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Runblad really needs to be sent down. (he will be claimed) but he needs to play. he just has not played enough games in the last 1-2 years. IMO. That is the reason the trade looks bad. If they could have sent him down this year for 1/2 year an get some games under his belt It would have made more sense.

Better players have passed through waivers unclaimed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad