Richard Panik

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I've noticed that Panik has started to move up a lot of mock drafts and rankings to about the borderline top 10 range. Can someone give me a scouting report on this guy? Thanks a bunch

I thought I remember reading in last years Hockey News magazine that they referred to him as a "Pure Goal Scorer". He has some ideal size, and has some top notch offensive tools. But I believe the knock on him was his consistency..

I'm crossing my fingers that he makes his way over to the Spits next season.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Richard Panik, LW – HC Ocelari Trinec (Cze.): One of the few buzz-worthy talents to emerge from the Eastern Bloc lately, the Slovakian has bounced between junior and the Czech Extraliga this season, scoring once in seven games with the men and dominating in junior with 16 points in 13 games. Draft eligible in 2009

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I thought I remember reading in last years Hockey News magazine that they referred to him as a "Pure Goal Scorer". He has some ideal size, and has some top notch offensive tools. But I believe the knock on him was his consistency..

I'm crossing my fingers that he makes his way over to the Spits next season.

geez, I hope he rather stays to play in Czech Republic to play amongst men than play junior in Canada.....I dunno how playing CHL would help his development....when will people finally realize this??.....plus he said in an interview that he was told by the Spit´s GM that he might not be playing regularly and that´s why he decided not to go to NA this year......

JuniorHockeyInsider

Nov 22, 2008
geez, I hope he rather stays to play in Czech Republic to play amongst men than play junior in Canada.....I dunno how playing CHL would help his development....when will people finally realize this??.....plus he said in an interview that he was told by the Spit´s GM that he might not be playing regularly and that´s why he decided not to go to NA this year......

Windsor's team is STACKED this year with all sorts of talent up front..next year is probably a different story as theyll lose some of that to the pros (ahl or nhl) next year.

any player comparisons for Panik at all??

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Windsor's team is STACKED this year with all sorts of talent up front..next year is probably a different story as theyll lose some of that to the pros (ahl or nhl) next year.

any player comparisons for Panik at all??

hm, well I´ve been hearing comparisons with Marian Hossa, but probably the young version of Hossa, since Panik doesn´t like playing deffense at all......but Trinec´s coach has compared him to Dusan Pasek, I dunno if ya remember/know him http://www.eurohockey.net/players/show_player.cgi?serial=9209

Raisy

Oct 27, 2003

Panik would have played regularly this year. Windsor is stacked, but not that stacked.

JuniorHockeyInsider

Nov 22, 2008

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004

As a Windsor Spitfires fan, yes I'm hoping he comes over next year. To add to the stacked team they already have would be a plus.

And of course it would help his development, unless he's that talented where the need to adjust to the NA style isn't required.. I think it would be benefitial for him to have a year in the OHL where he can gain some confidence, rack up some points playing with one of the best junior players, play with some kids his own age, and then (if he's proven enough) make the jump to the AHL or NHL the year later.

If he comes next year, he has a top line spot waiting for him beside Nemisz and Hall I'd imagine.

Again, this is just from a Spits fans point of view.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad