Rich Swann arrested for Battery & False Imprisonment

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
If true, and given the public nature of the incident it sounds pretty true, he should be gone for quite some time. Insane behaviour.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
They're just doing their due diligence. He'll get released.
My understanding is they have a domestic abuse policy, automatic suspension if changed, fired if found guilty, you are not fired if found innocent. Due to the public nature and the fact in Florida the wife can't drop the charges (it's up to the DA iirc), I would lean towards him more or less being done with WWE regardless of the outcome, if he's found not guilty before his contract expires, he'll probably be buried at the bottom of the card and become a jobber (at best).

I can see Swann asking for his release in the meantime, as it would then give him a chance to make some money on the indy circuit and WWE gets to wash their hands of him.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
What's the latest?

He is likely gonna get released and go to the indies. I am skeptical to even call him guilty until I see some sort of clairvoyance from himself. Domestic stuff is weird because unless you can unquestionably prove your innocence, the man is always guilty. I don't think he is facing jail time though.

Reactions: Prairie Oyster

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
They were back together last I knew, but that was a while ago and I've not been looking.

In Florida you can't drop the charges for domestic incidents, so they have to ride out the process even if they don't want to. WWE probably won't do anything until that is done, so they'll just wait it out then decide.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That was only like a few days ago last I heard. It seems like he'll get to skate by, but I doubt he'll be featured any time soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad