Recalled/Assigned: RHP, Ylonen, Primeau & Schueneman Sent Down to Laval

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval play at home for their final 3 games.

Monday vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton
Wednesday vs. Toronto
Friday vs. Syracuse

Playoffs?

Laval have 3 games left in the regular season. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

If they stay ahead of Cleveland and Belleville, they will make the playoffs. They're currently holding onto the 5th and final playoff spot.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
4th place.

@Treb answered you.

The playoff format were changed last year. Before that, it was the Top-4 of each division that qualify. Since last year, the AHL changed the format to allow more teams to qualify.

Not all the divisions have the same amount of teams that qualify. The North Division have 5 teams make the playoffs out of the 7. The Atlantic Division have 6 teams qualify out of 8. And the Pacific Division have 7 qualify out of 10.

In the North Division, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placed teams go straight to the 2nd round. The 2nd place team takes on the 3rd place team. And the 1st place team will face the winner of the Best-of-3 series of the 4th and 5th place team.

So if the playoffs started today, it would be Utica vs. Laval in a Best-of-3. The winner advances to face Toronto. While Syracuse takes on Rochester.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
@Treb answered you.

The playoff format were changed last year. Before that, it was the Top-4 of each division that qualify. Since last year, the AHL changed the format to allow more teams to qualify.

Not all the divisions have the same amount of teams that qualify. The North Division have 5 teams make the playoffs out of the 7. The Atlantic Division have 6 teams qualify out of 8. And the Pacific Division have 7 qualify out of 10.

In the North Division, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placed teams go straight to the 2nd round. The 2nd place team takes on the 3rd place team. And the 1st place team will face the winner of the Best-of-3 series of the 4th and 5th place team.

So if the playoffs started today, it would be Utica vs. Laval in a Best-of-3. The winner advances to face Toronto. While Syracuse takes on Rochester.
More Teams Qualify!
Coming to an NHL Rink near you in the not too distant future, :popcorn:

• Wow
Reactions: Habs13

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Surprisingly, reports seem to suggest that the nhl (bettman) is not in favor of adding more playoff teams.
Yeah but the new head of the NHLPA want's it discussed. I think the experience we had with the play ins covid yr1 was enjoyable. I didn't take away from the traditional 16 wins needed to hoist the cup by the contenders. A steeper path for those who have to play in is acceptable in my mind.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah but the new head of the NHLPA want's it discussed. I think the experience we had with the play ins covid yr1 was enjoyable. I didn't take away from the traditional 16 wins needed to hoist the cup by the contenders. A steeper path for those who have to play in is acceptable in my mind.

The nba has kept the play-in format. Sometimes it feels like those play in candidates get in pushing and screaming, because their moves at the deadline are more like sellers.

I think it's been very anti climatic in the nba, but the nhl has more parity so it could be more fun?

Regardless, I hope they keep the qualification at 50%. It just feels right.

Reactions: Shred

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I get why they do this, but, somewhere, the paycut probably sucks, especially for someone like RHP who probably won't (and absolutely shouldn't) play any further AHL game past this season.
It's all good. Under normal circumstances the players would have stayed down all season. Take the good with the bad so to speak.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I get why they do this, but, somewhere, the paycut probably sucks, especially for someone like RHP who probably won't (and absolutely shouldn't) play any further AHL game past this season.
Who the heck cares about the paycut...doesn't he has a contract coming up? Then, add what he is going to be cut to his new contract.....

It's too late. They're 6 points back with 3 games to play.

A failure by Hughes this season, he should have prioritized Laval making the playoffs.
It's just dumb. No matter if we'd send back 20 players, it's not in their hands anymore. Cleveland wins their game on hand, and it's done. It is too late. Laval crowd was great all year. And you acknowledge them by not helping them....rookie mistake.

Reactions: DAChampion

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The nba has kept the play-in format. Sometimes it feels like those play in candidates get in pushing and screaming, because their moves at the deadline are more like sellers.

I think it's been very anti climatic in the nba, but the nhl has more parity so it could be more fun?

Regardless, I hope they keep the qualification at 50%. It just feels right.
The NFL has 32 teams and their format rocks. Give the top teams more reason to push for a division win. Earning a rest before the real fun starts. It would actually help by preventing teams from laying over against weaker opponents in close races. The way it's seemed in recent years is teams like Tampa really don't care where they end up. Home ice advantage isn't what it once was. Particularly in Toronto. :sarcasm:

Reactions: DAChampion

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
When they didn't do this against Cleveland it was always going to open the door for criticism. I was one that felt the positives outweighed the negatives and we could easily have found a way to mitigate the too many games in a short space of time.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Surprisingly, reports seem to suggest that the nhl (bettman) is not in favor of adding more playoff teams.

Bettman doesn't have a say in these things. The board of governors decides what is going to happen and Bettman simply does as he is told. I realize that his face and mannerisms aren't for everyone but the level of hate that he receives despite being the greatest commissioner in the history of the game is puzzling to me.

Gary Bettman represents the Board of Governors, he does not run them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad