Value of: RHD to Minnesota

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
The Wild are legit this year, there is just one problem. They need a 3rd-pair RHD to play with Marco Scandella. What would they need to give up for a depth RHD?

I'm thinking Andrej Sustr or Michael Stone.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Folin is fine for a #6.

We need a 4th line forward or a backup goalie more than a #6 RHD.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
D is the last thing the Wild should be targeting. They've got two guys most nights in the minor that would be playing on probably 15+ teams in the league, and i'm personally perfectly comfortable with either of them when they are in the lineup.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Polak + Laich/Michalek/Greening (50% retained)

for 2nd + 4th round pick.

Honestly wouldn't do Polak + Laich/Michalek/Greening (100% retained) for a 4th.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
Not at all.

We also have expendable 4th line forwards (since someone said it's your need): Lindberg, Pirri, Puempel, Fast...

D is the last thing the Wild should be targeting. They've got two guys most nights in the minor that would be playing on probably 15+ teams in the league, and i'm personally perfectly comfortable with either of them when they are in the lineup.

Who are they?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Spurgeon, Dumba, Folin, Prosser on the right side is just fine for the rest of this season. Heck, Prosser has even looked downright competent for stretches at a time this season. And if something cataclysmic happens Brodin can fill in on the right temporarily. More defense is the last thing we need or can afford.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
We also have expendable 4th line forwards (since someone said it's your need): Lindberg, Pirri, Puempel, Fast...

Who are they?

Mike Reilly and Gustav Ollofsson. Lefties stuck behind the Suter/Brodin/Scandella triad.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
This makes little sense. Wild are only current down a RD because Dumba is injured. He is coming back soon.

Spurgeon
Dumba
Folin
Prosser

That is plenty of quality depth on the right.

A move like this would only be required if Vegas grabbed Dumba in the expansion draft. And then it would be in the off-season, not now.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I agree they could add a RHD as an upgrade to Folin/Prosser. But not many would fit their requirements of cheap cap hit, and almost free to acquire.

A package deal with a 4th liner for picks + b prospect would be the most likely way of getting one.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
No, thank you. Wild aren't in a position to add any deals at the deadline that extend past this year.

If you mean because of the expansion it wouldn't matter since Vegas would pick other guys on your team before him for sure. If you mean because you need to make some big resigns it doesn't matter either because he has a cheap contract. He's decent, might be of use for you. He's an elite bottom pair Dman if that exists :D, and we have a higher chance of losing him for nothing in the expansion draft.
So what would you offer for Klein+Fast/Lindberg (both good defensive bottom liners)?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
If you mean because of the expansion it wouldn't matter since Vegas would pick other guys on your team before him for sure. If you mean because you need to make some big resigns it doesn't matter either because he has a cheap contract. He's decent, might be of use for you. He's an elite bottom pair Dman if that exists :D, and we have a higher chance of losing him for nothing in the expansion draft.
So what would you offer for Klein+Fast/Lindberg (both good defensive bottom liners)?

While 2.9 million might seem cheap to you for a bottom pairing D, it is not for the Wild. Who I promise you I know their cap situation better than you.

For perspective, Most wild fans have come to the determination that the Wild will need to trade Haula in the offseason because he'll get a raise from 1 million to 2.5 million or so. That's how tight the Wild's cap will be in the offseason.

They won't be able to fit that extra 1.5 million in. So going from Prosser or Folin at 700K to Klein at 3 million next year, is not workable.

Resigning Granlund and Nino are going to eat up any potential available cap. Any depth positions (3rd pairing/4th line) will be 1 million or less.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Bad thread. Absolutely no need.

3rd line RW or 4th line LW are primary needs.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
the whole premise of this thread is flawed. Wild are fine with Folin and Prosser as #6/7 RD's.

Even if we did need another RHD, this isn't the year to make a trade for one, as he would only be exposed at the ED. Now, if the RHD is expansion exempt, we can talk, but that talk will likely take place after the PO's, as I'm guessing said ED exempt player would be lesser, or at least less developed, than what we would be sending the other way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad