Prospect Info: Reznik's Ramblings: LV Phantoms Open PPL Center With OT Win

member 30781

Last edited by a moderator:

member 30781

Thanks! Unsure when the next time I'm going to a game in Lehigh Valley, but I'll try to make it up for at least one game a month.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
This article came across like a rambling message board post. Not a fan.

Also the Cousins criticism was completely unwarranted. I was at the game and Cousins had a really good game.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I appreciate the detailed impressions.

I don't get why anyone thought signing Brett Hextall was just Ron doing his kid a favor. 23 points in 59 games is fine for a third-line guy.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
I appreciate the detailed impressions.

I don't get why anyone thought signing Brett Hextall was just Ron doing his kid a favor. 23 points in 59 games is fine for a third-line guy.

It's hard to sell you ur peers you are signing your kid. Then the kid has to live with that scrutiny. I think this will really make the kid mentally tough

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I've been at every game at the PPL center and I notice Brett Hextall every time he's on the ice. He plays solid defense and does a good job driving the play toward the offensive zone. Son of the GM or not, he's a solid signing.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I've been at every game at the PPL center and I notice Brett Hextall every time he's on the ice. He plays solid defense and does a good job driving the play toward the offensive zone. Son of the GM or not, he's a solid signing.

Yes, he was very good. He's a great vet AHLer type that can get gritty and PK

The Phantoms overall have a very good team. Stortini and the role he plays in the lineup right now is the only big issue I see. He completely blew a bunch of great chances set up by his teammates on opening night because he has zero puck skills.

Hardnell

Feb 27, 2012
I was at this game 5th row, I was absolutely impressed by Hagg's skating ability and his positioning. Same goes for Laughton's positioning and his face-off abilities. I doubt it will be long until both of them crack the big squad. Gost too, his puck moving ability and passing were incredible, one of note where he toe dragged coming out of his own zone into a backhand saucer pass that hit a teammate in stride... Impressive

ericWONT

Ron Hakstol
Feb 7, 2014
Delaware/Philly
Great breakdown of the game. Liked how straightforward and true it all sounded.

Honestly, to hear someone with any level of hockey knowledge to compare the potential of Ghost to Desjardins is an exciting proposition. All of these prospects seem to be developing exactly as we have hoped.

I think that there should definitely be another couple of years of waiting in the minors for these guys, and Hextall would be dumb to rush them in the least. However, I'm really looking forward to 2017 to see what this team has developed into.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yes, he was very good. He's a great vet AHLer type that can get gritty and PK

The Phantoms overall have a very good team. Stortini and the role he plays in the lineup right now is the only big issue I see. He completely blew a bunch of great chances set up by his teammates on opening night because he has zero puck skills.

I believe he's with Cousins & Straka which really makes zero sense. I understand there's a need for guys like Stortini down in the AHL but he shouldn't be playing with two of the better offensive players on the team.

He should be on the fourth line where he can play the role that suits him best.

member 30781

I didn't compare Ghost to Rico. Many people are taking the comparison out of context. I simply brought up that it's been a while since the Flyers had a defenseman with offensive potential. Desjardins was the last relatively big goal scorer the Flyers have had, and even he was more a two-way defenseman.

Ghost has the most offensive potential, but won't be nearly as solid all-around as Desjardins was. Sorry for the confusion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad