Rexall

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I don't take the transit/LRT much anymore, so I'm personally wondering how do you get there from the Northgate/Kingsway Transit and will they allow you to bring your school backpack in to watch the training camp tomorrow? Much appreciated for info.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
You realize that you were just helped out by someone who's been living in Europe for a number of years...right.

You're lucky he didn't give you the London subway system planner. :D

I can read at least, so thankfully the system was in Edmonton. :laugh:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
You realize that you were just helped out by someone who's been living in Europe for a number of years...right.

You're lucky he didn't give you the London subway system planner.

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/

:D

I can read at least, so thankfully the system was in Edmonton. :laugh:

the joy about knowing and figuring out the London underground--no other transit is difficult to figure.

A few years ago my ex-sister in law was playing in Stockholm and she was concerned about me finding her house. Very simple.

want to have fun--trying figuring out travel using Underground, Over ground, and the UK train system and for good measure a bus or to

took me about three years to figure out the quickest way to get around and there are actual clubs/organizations that have fun with the underground-- once or twice a year there is an event where you have to step foot on every station of both the underground and over ground.

Just quick look at the Underground

270 stations with an annual ridership of 1.23 BILLION some people use 10 times a day

over ground there are only 83 stations

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
the joy about knowing and figuring out the London underground--no other transit is difficult to figure.

A few years ago my ex-sister in law was playing in Stockholm and she was concerned about me finding her house. Very simple.

want to have fun--trying figuring out travel using Underground, Over ground, and the UK train system and for good measure a bus or to

took me about three years to figure out the quickest way to get around and there are actual clubs/organizations that have fun with the underground-- once or twice a year there is an event where you have to step foot on every station of both the underground and over ground.

Just quick look at the Underground

270 stations with an annual ridership of 1.23 BILLION some people use 10 times a day

over ground there are only 83 stations

Just for ***** and giggles. I planned a trip from London Bridge station to Rexall.

They must have the system set up really well.

Only takes 39 minutes to walk from London Bridge to Rexall!

To:rexall
Leaving:Friday 19th Sep, 21:30
Edit
Travel preferences: Showing the fastest routes Using all transport modes Max walk time 40 mins
Option 1: Northern line, walking, 17 mins
Northern line to Old Street Underground Station Walk to Hackney (London), University Of Westminster-Alexander Fleming Halls Of Residence (Visit Britain As
Departs
21:29
Arrives
21:46 Total time: 17mins
View DetailsDetailed steps for journey 1
Steps for journey option 12
Time Mode of Transport Instructions
5 mins
tube
Northern line to Old Street Underground Station
12 mins
walking
Walk to Hackney (London), University Of Westminster-Alexander Fleming Halls Of Residence (Visit Britain As
Option 2: Northern line, walking, 17 mins
Northern line to Old Street Underground Station Walk to Hackney (London), University Of Westminster-Alexander Fleming Halls Of Residence (Visit Britain As
Departs
21:33
Arrives
21:50 Total time: 17mins
View DetailsDetailed steps for journey 2
Steps for journey option 13
5 mins
tube
12 mins
walking
Walk to Hackney (London), University Of Westminster-Alexander Fleming Halls Of Residence (Visit Britain As
Option 3: Northern line, walking, 17 mins
Departs
21:36
Arrives
21:53 Total time: 17mins
View DetailsDetailed steps for journey 3
Steps for journey option 14
5 mins
tube
12 mins
walking
Option 4: Northern line, walking, 17 mins
Departs
21:39
Arrives
21:56 Total time: 17mins
View DetailsDetailed steps for journey 4
Steps for journey option 15
5 mins
tube
12 mins
walking
Earlier

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Just for ***** and giggles. I planned a trip from London Bridge station to Rexall.

They must have the system set up really well.

Only takes 39 minutes to walk from London Bridge to Rexall!

does not take long to get from City Center london to Edmonton (history pop quiz Edmonton Alberta is named after the burough of Edmonton here in London

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonton,_London

When I first moved to London I lived there for about 1 year and when people asked me where I was from and I said Edmonton---they asked where originally and when I would repeat Edmonton they looked at me like I was a dafted boffin or something or just being a prat

Last edited:

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
does not take long to get from City Center london to Edmonton (history pop quiz Edmonton Alberta is named after the burough of Edmonton here in London

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonton,_London

When I first moved to London I lived there for about 1 year and when people asked me where I was from and I said Edmonton---they asked where originally and when I would repeat Edmonton they looked at me like I was a dafted boffin or something or just being a prat

As per that wiki page:

"On June 18, 2011 over 400 people marched through Edmonton to make a stand against gun and knife crime."

Seems as though papa (city) has some of the same problems as son (city). Hehe.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
As per that wiki page:

"On June 18, 2011 over 400 people marched through Edmonton to make a stand against gun and knife crime."

Seems as though papa (city) has some of the same problems as son (city). Hehe.

Do we have the knife-wielding savages quote on hand? :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad