rexall farewell

mooseman7

Jan 10, 2004
Visit site
Hey guys , does anyone know how i can get a copy or better yet see the sports net replay of the closing ceremony ? i was away for work and only had half of it recorded,pvr missed all the interviews right through to the end .
I'm desperate to show my kids and have a recording for a keepsake , anyone who can lead me in the right direction ? much appreciation . thnx

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Did Janne Niinimaa, Esa Tikkanen, Lennart Petrell and Joni Pitkänen participated for rexall place farewell ceremonies.
I saw video in youtube where was interviews of Jari Kurri and Jussi Markkanen but i didn't see Niinimaa, Tikkanen, Petrell and Pitkänen there.

Last edited:

oiler-dude

Did Janne Niinimaa, Esa Tikkanen, Lennart Petrell and Joni Pitkänen participated for rexall place farewell ceremonies.
I saw video in youtube where was interviews of Jari Kurri and Jussi Markkanen but i didn't see Niinimaa, Tikkanen, Petrell and Pitkänen there.

They weren't there, nope. Was a little surprised not to see Niinimaa and Tikkanen. They must have had prior commitments as they surely would have gotten an invite.

I believe Niinimaa was honoured during the season as one of the "Once an Oiler, Always an Oiler" in-game celebrations, though.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
They weren't there, nope. Was a little surprised not to see Niinimaa and Tikkanen. They must have had prior commitments as they surely would have gotten an invite.

I believe Niinimaa was honoured during the season as one of the "Once an Oiler, Always an Oiler" in-game celebrations, though.

OK.
One reason why Niinimaa couldn't come to Rexall Place farewell ceremonies.
Is that he's hockey commentator in Finnish sport network Nelonen pro which haves broadcasting rights for FEL games.
Niinimaa has been their commentator for couple years now.

Pitkänen tried to comeback earlier this season in FEL in his youth team Oulun Kärpät.
He played there 3 regular season games but his leg wasn't anymore 100 percent OK.
And that old injury what he got in Carolina went worse so doctors recommend him retire his career.

That's sad because Joni would have been probably best Finnish defenceman in NHL ever.
And maybe even first Finnish norris winner if his comeback in NHL would been to successful.

Tikkanen has been hockey analytic in Nordic gambling company named unibet for years now.
He tried coaching career in Norway and Mestis team Joensuun Jokipojat but he didn't succeed those places so he retired his coaching career.

Lennart Petrell plays still pro hockey and he's coming back to HIFK FEL team next season.
His contract isn't yet officially published but he's really likely HIFK player next year.

Jussi Markkanen signed new 2 years contract with his FEL team Saipa Lappeenranta he's the owner of saipa FEL team and their 1st goalie.
Markkanen has faced Laine and Puljujärvi in FEL this season

Jari Kurri is still a GM in KHL team Jokerit Helsinki and his number 17 game jerseys ( From Jokerit and Team Finland)
Has retired top of the rafters in Hartwall Arena.

Here was some updates for ex Finnish Oiler players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad