Reworked my website

morehockeystats

Unusual hockey stats
Dec 13, 2016
Columbus
morehockeystats.com
My website news
renderTimingPixel.png

I reworked my site splitting into three sub-sites.
MoreHockeyStats
HockeyEloRatings
NHLErrata

What's new:
  1. There's an API-like link you can use to get the data as JSON or CSV
  2. There are player cards, team cards, coach cards and even arena cards for various subjects.
Here's a player card example (that I used for OTTHAC18 conference):
DmJU0EEUYAAZX6W.png

What's coming up:
  1. New stats
  2. Direct API to the mongo database (probably paid)
  3. Breakdown of NHL website errors
Also I provide daily predictions for the games as well as weekly Fantasy Hockey advice on my twitter feed.
Have a great 2018/19 hockey season!

PepsiCenterMagic

Food is Great
Jul 17, 2013
(I'm still looking, but where is the link in the websites to download a CSV of the data?) - my original post

I found the links below the data.

I've been lightly searching, but I really want to find good NHL data to mess around with. I looked into the nhlscrapr package in R, and the sister package in Python, but it seemed a little vague.

Any other places where data could be easily obtainable?

Later edit: I've found that you can download season stats per player, a pretty comprehensive list, off hockey-reference.com

Last edited:

morehockeystats

Unusual hockey stats
Dec 13, 2016
Columbus
morehockeystats.com
(I'm still looking, but where is the link in the websites to download a CSV of the data?) - my original post

I found the links below the data.

I've been lightly searching, but I really want to find good NHL data to mess around with. I looked into the nhlscrapr package in R, and the sister package in Python, but it seemed a little vague.

Any other places where data could be easily obtainable?

Later edit: I've found that you can download season stats per player, a pretty comprehensive list, off hockey-reference.com
nhlscrapr, python and my own Perl package scrape the basic data from the NHL website. Everything else, including hockey-reference, derives from there, except for a possible few sites that built their pre-1987 datasets based on newspapers and such (e.g. flyershistory, I think).

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad