Speculation: Reverse Retro 2.0 (upd: post 22 for alleged Hawks sweater)

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
The Canucks new Reverse Retro jersey leaked over the weekend.

1658760623587.png

During this time with very little to look forward to regarding the Hawks, it got me thinking about what we might like to see from them.

Coming off the jacket release at the end of last season...
FNVuieoWQAMw-ie

...I'd love to see something with the late 80s/early 90s era logo with the tan outline. Maybe this in black?

1658760921685.png

While it's the 22/23, it'll be out for the 2022 holiday season, so it feels like a great opportunity to honor the 30th anniversary of the '92 team.
1658761001460.png

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
View attachment 572395

These didn't get enough use, IMO. Would love if they brought these back full-time. Doubt they will.

I really liked those jerseys.

I REALLY liked the 2019 Winter Classic jerseys they wore too. I liked them enough to buy one with DeBrincat's name on it :/.

The last few jerseys that I've bought have been for players that have all ended up being traded shortly thereafter. I bought a Panarin jersey that they wore against the Capitals and the DeBrincat jersey in 2019. Both superstar players both traded within a year or two.🤬

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
1658861700074.png

What if they made a jersey with the true inspiration of the logo?

Black Hawk (Sauk and Fox language: Makataimeshekiakiak) (1767 – October 3, 1838) was a leader and warrior of the Sauk Native American tribe in what are now the states of Iowa and Illinois in the central United States. While he had inherited an important historic medicine bundle, he was not a hereditary civil chief of the Sauk, but was an appointed war chief, and was generally known in English as Black Hawk...from Wikipedia

They should allow the Sauk and Fox tribes to design the jersey to represent their culture and way of life!

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
View attachment 572699

What if they made a jersey with the true inspiration of the logo?

Black Hawk (Sauk and Fox language: Makataimeshekiakiak) (1767 – October 3, 1838) was a leader and warrior of the Sauk Native American tribe in what are now the states of Iowa and Illinois in the central United States. While he had inherited an important historic medicine bundle, he was not a hereditary civil chief of the Sauk, but was an appointed war chief, and was generally known in English as Black Hawk...from Wikipedia

They should allow the Sauk and Fox tribes to design the jersey to represent their culture and way of life!

They already did. The man had more than one look.

1658919045191.png

Reactions: Giovi

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I like that Adidas obviously had problems with the logo on the last reverse retro, so this time they just put it on the shoulder so it'll be easier to hide in marketing campaigns this time. Literally not showing the front of the Blackhawks jersey last time was just hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00