Proposal: Reunite Puljujarvi - Aho -Laine

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Just for fun:

Hurricanes offersheet Laine 6x9M
(Not sure what this would have to look like for Winnipeg to not match).

Hurricanes trade Faulk + Gauthier for Puljujarvi + Benning

Still leaves $4.1M for Hurricanes to sign a few of their other RFA's like McGinn.

That would leave Carolina with a pretty sick forward group:

Laine - Aho - Puljujarvi
Neiderreiter - Staal - Teravainen
Svechnikov - Wallmark - Martinook
Haula - Necas - McGinn

Slavin - Hamilton
Fleury - Pesce
Forsling - TVR / Benning

Would be fun to see that WJC Finnish line reconnect, though this probably isn't too realistic.

Reactions: Ukki

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Just for fun:

Hurricanes offersheet Laine 6x9M
(Not sure what this would have to look like for Winnipeg to not match).

Hurricanes trade Faulk + Gauthier for Puljujarvi + Benning

Still leaves $4.1M for Hurricanes to sign a few of their other RFA's like McGinn.

That would leave Carolina with a pretty sick forward group:

Laine - Aho - Puljujarvi
Neiderreiter - Staal - Teravainen
Svechnikov - Wallmark - Martinook
Haula - Necas - McGinn

Slavin - Hamilton
Fleury - Pesce
Forsling - TVR / Benning

Would be fun to see that WJC Finnish line reconnect, though this probably isn't too realistic.
Anything under the 4-1sts level, I think the Jets match.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
"GM publicly laugh at a lowball offer sheet"

*1 week later*

"Same GM make an even more laughable OS"

Reactions: Andrei79

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Yes, Jets match.

Man I don’t see the infatuation with Puljujarvi.

Canes won’t trade Faulk.

Pulj was seen as a higher prospect most of his draft year till Laine took over in the 2nd half

Im just saying potential is still there

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Pulj was seen as a higher prospect most of his draft year till Laine took over in the 2nd half

Im just saying potential is still there
I think that’s the appeal.
He has potential and most think that with a change of scenery he’d break out and start living up to it.
I think most consider him a worthwhile risk if you could get him at a low cost.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
:facepalm::facepalm::surrender:surrender:damnpc::damnpc::damnpc::damnpc::damnpc:

That's ****ing brutal for the Hurricanes...Faulk >>>>>> Benning and Goat has just as much chance of becoming an NHL regular as Pool at this point.

Also I think that offer sheet is matched easily

Faulk has 1 year left until UFA
IMO, Puljujarvi >> Gauthier and Benning is a bit underrated.

But ultimately moving Faulk would be a cap play to make room for Laine. Without Faulk the Hurricanes D is still very solid. Adding Laine, and to a lesser extent Puljujarvi, could be a huge step forward for the Canes offense. Laine brings that extra finishing touch and big shot that they've needed.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
9 million x6? That’s an easy match by the Jets. Not even a serious OA there.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Not an ideal AAV, but laughable if you think that Jets won't match.

21 yo with 36-44 and 30 goal seasons don't come easily.

Okay then they match, and nothing of value is lost. I have to think with the players they still have to sign, they'd hesitate to match, especially considering the leverage that gives to Connor, who had 4 more goals and 16 more points.

Since Connor entered the league he's been the more productive player.

Connor 158gp 65g 123p (47 ESG 84 ESP)
Laine 164gp 74g, 120p (39 ESG 66 ESP)

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
:facepalm::facepalm::surrender:surrender:damnpc::damnpc::damnpc::damnpc::damnpc:

That's ****ing brutal for the Hurricanes...Faulk >>>>>> Benning and Goat has just as much chance of becoming an NHL regular as Pool at this point.

Also I think that offer sheet is matched easily

Agreed. Rather keep Faulk. Most I’d offer for Puljujärvi is McKeown. Also waiver eligible, still largely blocked.

Don’t see Carolina making an offer sheet. Dundon stated during that teleconference that offer sheets don’t tend to work and don’t have great value.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

But ultimately moving Faulk would be a cap play to make room for Laine. Without Faulk the Hurricanes D is still very solid. Adding Laine, and to a lesser extent Puljujarvi, could be a huge step forward for the Canes offense. Laine brings that extra finishing touch and big shot that they've needed.

I agree with you to a certain extent on Benning . He is a good bottom pairing D and his stats also matches that . If you move him off the bottom pairing he is in way over his head . The Canes got better D so maybe he could tread water on the 2nd pairing but I wouldn’t count on it .

Puljujarvi is worst now then when he was drafted . He got all the skill in the world but he doesn’t have the brain to process the NHL game fast enough to make smart plays . His confidence is also all but gone . Not sure what Edmonton was thinking by bring him over when he could not speak the language. He should have been left overseas . Edmonton should of hired a tutor for him and left him there for 2 years . This should've been his first year over here and he should have been in the AHL to get use to the NA game. I don’t think he can be save with his brain, Edmonton ruining his confidence and his agent pumping his tires . Like if he can't make Edmonton with zero wingers what other team is he making ? Best shot now at rebuilding a career is the FEL or the KHL .

Last edited:

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

SO DOES BENNING...that is a MASSIVE downgrade on D to simply hope Pulj can find his game...adding Goat (who's been showing solid development) is just laughable. We already traded CDH, unlikely we trade any more of our top 4 D unless we're trading/signing another. It's a terrible proposal. EDM needs to accept that Pulj has minimal value, either keep and develop him, let him go overseas a few years to find his game, or expect a minimal return or equally struggling player. McGinn is probably the best we'd offer

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad