GDT: Return of the Shelbyville Coyotes!

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

2012-04-10-the_simpsons_springfield.jpg

1151545638_f.jpg

millhouse.png

The Flames (6-7-3) finally got the job done on Saturday, beating Minnesota 3-1 after totaling one goal while losing their previous two.

Center Matt Stajan scored twice in the third period, including an empty-netter with 8.2 seconds left, after coach Bob Hartley moved him to the top line between captain Jarome Iginla and Alex Tanguay, who also scored.

Hartley called Stajan "one of our most consistent forwards all season," but the center was certainly surprised about his first multigoal game since Dec. 12, 2009, with Toronto.

"It seems like a while since I've had two in a game, but I'll take it," Stajan told the NHL's official website. "That's a big win. It doesn't matter about personal stuff right now. We need to find ways to win and if we're winning games, it benefits everybody in here."

Hartley also has to be pleased with Joey MacDonald, who stopped 30 of 31 shots on Saturday after surrendering three goals apiece in his first three starts since being claimed off waivers two weeks ago.

If MacDonald gets the nod on Sunday when the Flames close out their three-game homestand, it will be his second career start versus Phoenix.

Tanguay has found the back of the net in each of the Coyotes' last three visits, including in a 4-1 victory on March 15 that ended Phoenix's three-game road winning streak in this series. Stajan and Iginla both scored in that contest.

Now introducing your 2013 Springfield Flames!

image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php

2cq0c4h.jpg
begind.jpg
15yjjna.jpg

image.php
image.php

25auhr5.jpg
51spxx.jpg

image.php
2vv2vx0.jpg

2hyf0px.jpg
16ggwo5.jpg

The Shelbyville Coyotes

%5Bpictures.4ever.eu%5D%20homer%20simpson,%20the%20simpsons,%20loozers,%20hockey%20player,%20monocle%20144154.jpg

Who cares?

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The Begin profile is terrific. :laugh:

I'm not particularly optimistic about the game though. It's a back to back and the Flames don't match up well with the Coyotes. They'll just lull the Flames too sleep and then score a few. And Taylor's in net I think.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
The Begin profile is terrific. :laugh:

I'm not particularly optimistic about the game though. It's a back to back and the Flames don't match up well with the Coyotes. They'll just lull the Flames too sleep and then score a few. And Taylor's in net I think.

MacDonald has been confirmed to play tonight, and Phoenix is also on a back to back except theirs is on the road, so advantage Flames (I would assume).. Great GDT btw, the Begin pic is gold :D

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
Just basing on what has happened this season we win one then lose one so hopefully thats not what happens tonight...

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I'd love the Flames to win, but is it bad that a little part of me wishes that we lose to get MacKinnon? Stajan can't be our #1 Center forever.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
MacDonald has been confirmed to play tonight, and Phoenix is also on a back to back except theirs is on the road, so advantage Flames (I would assume).. Great GDT btw, the Begin pic is gold :D

So they're going to overplay MacDonald now? Pretty big risk considering he just came back from an injury and hasn't played much. Looks like they have no confidence in Taylor, although it's warranted I think.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
So they're going to overplay MacDonald now? Pretty big risk considering he just came back from an injury and hasn't played much. Looks like they have no confidence in Taylor, although it's warranted I think.

I was pretty happy with MacDonald's play yesterday, with that said I think management has absolutely no confidence in Taylor or Irving.. It looks like they are going to ride out MacDonald until Kipper comes back. It is a bit of a risk but I guess Hartley sees every game as a must win right now and MacDonald is the goalie they have the most trust in.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
I'd love the Flames to win, but is it bad that a little part of me wishes that we lose to get MacKinnon? Stajan can't be our #1 Center forever.

I think we have possibly three 2nd line centers when healthy in Stajan, Backlund, and Cervenka (if he can make the transition). Looking at our roster without Backlund however is very discouraging which is why a guy like MacKinnon or Barkov would be great to snatch.. I personally think our only hope is winning the lottery because Kipper is coming back soon and we're going to end up being a 11-9 team again (MAYBE 8).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad