GDT: Return of OK58 - Columbus vs Flames, 7:00 MT, 1/25/2024

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I think we should practice the drop stick routine. Skate to the bench and grab another and be there for the stretch pass. About as a gamble as any other.

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Thanks. I hope it can go away soon. Vit C, Echinacea, Vit D, Zinc, dayquil... I'm popping handfuls of stuff just to stay standing up. 3-4 of each vitamin and supplement too to try and supercharge it.

Forgot to mention I've had some pretty significant vertigo spells too this week. Bleh. :(

I did have a couple fingers of scotch earlier too as a hail Mary. I think it was Jura?

Smoke some kush, just a low THC strain that has a decent amount of CBD in it.

• Haha
Reactions: Ace Rimmer and Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Have you tried essential oils? Even just through a diffuser they can help a little

Indeed I have. Eucalyptus and Pine. Rubbed Vicks all over the neck and below nose. This illness is vicious.

I had something from the end of May to early July last summer. Whatever it was, I couldn't get past 80% of my health. It was maddening, I thought I'd never feel normal again.
My doctor gave me two doses of antibiotics, and that didn't help. I finally just went to the hospital and the doctor there gave me a steroid inhaler and steroid nasal spray and within 3 days I was perfect.

I've tried the blue inhaler and the powder symbicort (?) as well. Also had a 10 day round of antibiotics. I have a nasal spray too, but didn't really use it much so far. Didn't like it.

I honestly don't think it's exaggeration to say that I don't believe Covid kicked my ass as hard and I was down for like 6 weeks from it plus another month of brain fog. I've had this since a few days after Christmas or something and I've had more severe sick days needing full rest than Covid so far.

Reactions: Boomstick

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Indeed I have. Eucalyptus and Pine. Rubbed Vicks all over the neck and below nose. This illness is vicious.

I've tried the blue inhaler and the powder symbicort (?) as well. Also had a 10 day round of antibiotics. I have a nasal spray too, but didn't really use it much so far. Didn't like it.

I honestly don't think it's exaggeration to say that I don't believe Covid kicked my ass as hard and I was down for like 6 weeks from it plus another month of brain fog. I've had this since a few days after Christmas or something and I've had more severe sick days needing full rest than Covid so far.
Wow, sounds like a miserable experience. I hope something turns your health around.
Maybe you have an allergy to bad hockey?

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Damn. Sorry to hear this. Obviously do your own research, but NAC is really good at thinning mucous like that. It's over the counter.

Used for a multitude of things, but chronic bronchitis is up there to help w congestion. It's a precursor to glutathione which is a very potent antioxidant. I used to use it when I drank as it flushes acetaldehyde (large contributor to hangover symptoms) that alcohol breaks into when metabolized (before finally becoming harmless acetate or basically vinegar in our systems). NAC is used in a lot of those hangover cure cocktails but is much cheaper on its own and mostly as effective.

But yeah, for mucous take a peek!

YMMV. Thanks for attending this ted talk.

NAC?

Hmm... I recall reading about a different supplement earlier too to give a try and now I don't remember what it was. But I'll look into NAC.

Supplements wise I have tried ginger drinks, honey, mint/menthol, licorice etc. I've tried hot drinks, hot bean bags on neck, face/sinus, front lungs, back lungs etc.

Smoke some kush, just a low THC strain that has a decent amount of CBD in it.

Not sure smoking cannabis would help... I think it'd feel itchy and I'd cough even more lol.

But I have taken high concentration THC oils that I had on hand so that I'd conk out and perhaps sleep through the night. I haven't had a good sleep through the night since boxing week. I've tried all sorts of random things out of desperation so far.

Btw, thanks for the concern from y'all. :) Highly appreciated.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
NAC?

Hmm... I recall reading about a different supplement earlier too to give a try and now I don't remember what it was. But I'll look into NAC.

Supplements wise I have tried ginger drinks, honey, mint/menthol, licorice etc. I've tried hot drinks, hot bean bags on neck, face/sinus, front lungs, back lungs etc.

Not sure smoking cannabis would help... I think it'd feel itchy and I'd cough even more lol.

But I have taken high concentration THC oils that I had on hand so that I'd conk out and perhaps sleep through the night. I haven't ha
Yeah stands for N-Acetyl cysteine. Detoxes the liver pretty well too. Used in hospitals for tylenol (acetaminophen) overdose.

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad