GDT: Return of OK58 - Columbus vs Flames, 7:00 MT, 1/25/2024

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Maybe I’m being too harsh and/or expecting too much. I just wish his shot was like 20% better cause he gets so many chances but never buries
Yeah fair enough, he definitely gets a lot of grade A chances that he doesn't bury.

But.. at least he's getting those chances to begin with. Can't say the same for some other players

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Yeah stands for N-Acetyl cysteine. Detoxes the liver pretty well too. Used in hospitals for tylenol (acetaminophen) overdose.

I'll look into it and I remembered the other one I was going to look into was mullein/Aaron's rod.

I'll try whatever. Buckley's ain't the worst thing I've tried and IDGAF if it's worse as long as it works.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Yeah stands for N-Acetyl cysteine. Detoxes the liver pretty well too. Used in hospitals for tylenol (acetaminophen) overdose.

I'm going to grab some NAC and mullein tomorrow and give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

As long as they keep trying, I'm okay with getting a high pick. It's the intentional tanking that pisses me off

And the Flames are happy to draft 6th OA...

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
giphy.gif

well that was sure something
Flames puked up more crap than my dog did this game
not even mad honestly, the one outcome that is unacceptable for me this season is barely missing the playoffs. Losses like this at the end of January should help further clarify things, as apparently that's something that this franchise is always needing.

Good : Kylington looked very solid for his first NHL game in 20 months. Really was awesome to see him back in action, makes me lean more towards trading Hanifin. Good for you young man. Thought Mangiapane was around it. Zary scored which is fun, look forward to watching him get better and better, think he has a bright future. Weegar 12Gs keep em coming bud.

Not bad : Kadri a lot of stop start and missed passes but liked the way he was skating. Coronato I think was better, Flames need to give him some rope at this level and get comfortable. Didn't really mind any of Coleman, Klapka, Schwindt, or Andersson.

Fine : Hanifin and Tanev just not really on their toes but no glaring mistakes either. Sharangovich was alright, had a couple looks. One too many giveaways for my liking. Greer I didn't think was very good, should not be trying to backhand sauce on a 2 on 1. Injury looked ugly. Backlund was just OK, still tries to make the extra pass too often.

Not good : Markstrom, I dunno for the most part made the saves he should have but an .871 to Tarasov's .933 looks kind of rough. Lindy mans is checked out, only engaged when he was checking Gaudreau. Oesterle actually looked NHL level for the most part but there's a reason they're giving you open looks with no traffic in front from the blueline man. Killed several good possessions with easy glove saves for their goalie. Huberdeau don't think that hit was worth 5 but still a dumb penalty halfway through the 3rd while down a goal basically killed any chance of coming back.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No player ever intentionally tanked
I was more referring to the franchise as a whole. You know, like the Oilers leaving Lowe in charge for far too long until they got McDavid, the Leafs openly tanking for Matthews, the Sens ownership outright asking players to throw games for Daigle, the Capitals and Penguins openly tanking for Ovechkin and Malkin...the Pens tanking for Lemieux

Reactions: Boomstick

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Well silver lining, this certainly sets a direction for a rather directionless franchise this season.

Loved seeing Kylington out there, crowd treated him well. He had those same elusive bursts of speed and skill we’re accustomed too. Looked slightly lost, maybe tentative at times but that’s expected in just his first game back. Exciting to have him back in the fold.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Glad I didn't watch live this state of a total disorder past 4 games.
WTF is going on? Order from the top to start heavy tanking? Was planning to watch on Sunday early morning v Chicago but don't want to feel down for the rest of the day. Can't wait for the TDL!!! Sack the suckers!

Reactions: Tofveve

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
After tonight's clown show loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets I have officially changed my avatar. From now on anything less than a concerted effort towards becoming a lottery team will be a disappointment. Go Flames Go!

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
The tanks have crossed the Meuse! The tanks have crossed the Meuse!

Now the only question is, is Conroy going to Weygand it up or do something about it? Because there’s no chance of playoffs at this point.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
The tanks have crossed the Meuse! The tanks have crossed the Meuse!

Now the only question is, is Conroy going to Weygand it up or do something about it? Because there’s no chance of playoffs at this point.

How do you pronounce Meuse? Mews es?

• Love
Reactions: super6646

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad