Retour des nordiques, Nordiques back's (petition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
CHRDANHUTCH said:
And displace WHOM, acr

The Moose who were booted out of Minnesota and built MTS Centre out of Winnipeg;

The QMJHL Remparts, why did the AHL fail in Quebec even with a Montreal affiliation couldn't survive;

and Hartford now has the Rangers in their backyard and managing their building :shakehead

What an AHL team did in Quebec is irrelevant. Look at Halifax- I attended AHL games there with less than a thousand in attendance... they regularly draw 9,000 for Q-league. Fans are fickle, but the people of Quebec City will attend NHL games, that was never the problem,

Transported Upstater

Bring Back Bucky said:
What an AHL team did in Quebec is irrelevant. Look at Halifax- I attended AHL games there with less than a thousand in attendance... they regularly draw 9,000 for Q-league. Fans are fickle, but the people of Quebec City will attend NHL games, that was never the problem,

Agreed.

I think NHL players had a bigger issue playing in Quebec than anything else, not to mention it's not that large a city.

But those games with Montreal were ELECTRIC. Even someone who had no idea what the people were saying could still see the passion in that rivalry. Imagine if Les Nords had more competitive teams in those times, it would have been brutal...

(I've only been to Quebec once, and I found it a charming city with amazing food, I really liked it... I certainly had difficulty communicating, but not nearly at the level I did in Rimouski, but I expected to have a tough time there)

I know I don't really have much of a right talking about this, because I'm spekaing from such an outsider's perspective, but I liked having the Nords in the NHL, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad