Confirmed with Link: Reto Berra traded to Colorado for a 2nd round pick in 2014. Yes, really.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Yes but your comment looks very foolish now that it appears that Colorado targeted Berra, if he was as inconsistent as you say no team would have gone after him. Like many said him moving had nothing to do with his last game.

He is inconsistent... first year in the NHL, if he wasn't he wouldn't have been moved. He can make you want to throw things at the TV or look amazing. I think he's steadily improved this year, to the point that he's a solid back up with potential. Given his UFA status it's a great return but I don't think Avs fans will be disappointed with the price, in the long run either.

Sep 12, 2012
So does Berra need to go through waivers to be sent to Lake Erie?

Or does he just sit on the practice roster and get scratched for 20 games?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

He would need to go through waivers. When he was here, I remember them saying that Ramo was the only one who wasn't waiver-eligible.

Sep 12, 2012
Oh, the irony.
It's like the ROR fiasco, only reversed. And the trade actually happened.

I can't see Burkie doing that though, backstabbing doesn't strike me as his style.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, there's no limit to the number of players they can carry, but it would still be odd for them to sit him and not let him play for the rest of the year.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Why would he have to go through waivers? He started the season on the Heat and did not have to pass through before being called up.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Why would he have to go through waivers? He started the season on the Heat and did not have to pass through before being called up.

I'm reading through this site right now: link

Re-entry waivers are gone under the new CBA, so you can call a player up who is waiver-eligible, and he only needs to pass through waivers to be sent down again.

EDIT: That site is trying to make money off me, so I stopped reading before it got to the juicy bits.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't believe Berra has played enough games to make him waiver eligible. He should be able to be sent down with no issues. Ramo was waiver exempt to start the season, but that may of changed due to how many games he's played this year. Berra should be okay, but maybe I'm wrong?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

He's not getting sent down. There's no limit now so the Avs are going to keep three goalies. Berra will practice with the team and work with Allaire. He'll probably get a start or two down the stretch.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
It doesn't worry anyone here, with what the Avalanche were able to do with Varlamov, that Allaire advised the Avs to get Berra as he was on the top of his list? Wasn't everyone also laughing when the Avs traded a first round pick for Varlamov too?

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
It doesn't worry anyone here, with what the Avalanche were able to do with Varlamov, that Allaire advised the Avs to get Berra as he was on the top of his list? Wasn't everyone also laughing when the Avs traded a first round pick for Varlamov too?

Why should it worry us? He wasn't going to be that goalie here, so if he has an opportunity to be that goalie elsewhere, then good for him and I'm glad we got something for an asset we didn't need.

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
Except Varlamov was younger and renowned for his potential, and Berra is 27 and quite frankly was one of the worst goalies in the league this year. Wish him all the best though, always liked him and hoped he panned out.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Adrian Dater ‏@adater
John Mitchell three yr, $5.4 million deal, Berra three-yr, $4.35 million

Steep price given Berra hasn't even played a game for them yet. They must really believe in him though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad