Rethinking the Oilers jersey

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Something that has bothered me since the Oilers brought back their classic blue jerseys about 4 years ago, and then their white one as of RNH's draft...

These god awful Oilers teams are totally tarnishing the greatness that this jersey once represented. That's something I could accept with those dark blue pajama jerseys. But it breaks my heart to see it going on now with the classic jersey and absolutely no end in sight. At least the Penguins and Islanders had crappy other jerseys when they endured their years of suckitude. I can't think of any other teams with such a proud legacy that has seen such a disgusting fall from grace in the same threads that their greatness was achieved with. Mediocre? Sure. But I can't think of another comparable of any franchise that was both the very best and the very worst in virtually the same uniforms.

What I would like to see is a new jersey design at least until they can at least make the playoffs again.

Anybody else feel that way? Thoughts?

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I honestly think they should just stick with the current jerseys forever. Keep it consistent, just like all the good classic teams, go with the one design through the highs (If they ever come) and the lows and then you have a truly classic jersey.

Toss 3rd jerseys in here and there but keep what they have as the base design from here on out.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
EDM's jersey's are one of the best in the league. We need this, damn it. lol

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
article_d150c656-45e5-4e96-8ff1-d1f42d2053a0.jpg

These with the Oilers logo would be amazing.

mangdas

May 2, 2013
Edmonton
I always liked the 1996-2006 jerseys the most. Maybe thats because I grew up watching them when they had these ones.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I'd like to see them redesign the collar... That'd be nice (no laces either).

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Those OKC orange ones are amazing, would look so good on the ice (when fans toss them over the glass).

The Human Torch

Sep 7, 2005
Amsterdam
Also, weren't the awful early-mid 90s Oilers still wearing the original jerseys? I keep expecting to see Shjon Podein, Steven Rice, and Ron Tugnutt out there in the orange and blue.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Also, weren't the awful early-mid 90s Oilers still wearing the original jerseys? I keep expecting to see Shjon Podein, Steven Rice, and Ron Tugnutt out there in the orange and blue.

almost more years have been spent sucking in these "classic" jersey's then actually winning..

we only started turning the corner when the "copper and blue" jersey's were introduced

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Flames fan coming in peace, I saw this thread as having the most recent post and it caught my eye.

As a fan who longs to have his team bring back their vintage uniforms I say keep what you have. Your jerseys are great, don't touch them. Adding an orange 3rd could possibly work, but nothing more than that should be done.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Most recently the Hawks had some pretty dark years. I think Detroit HF a dark stretch as well. Both all in the same classic jerseys.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I still say they should have stuck with the McFarlane drill bit. Over time, it would have become iconic, not to mention it makes a pretty cool tattie. It they weren't so terrible these last few years, I'd already have it inked to... Probably my calf, or maybe forearm.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
I still say they should have stuck with the McFarlane drill bit. Over time, it would have become iconic, not to mention it makes a pretty cool tattie. It they weren't so terrible these last few years, I'd already have it inked to... Probably my calf, or maybe forearm.

Iconic? That thing was dated the second it came out. Right up there with Calgary's flaming horse snot logo and Dallas' Mooterus. The old rigger shoulder patch was about a million times better than the spiky grease cog.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Changing the jerseys would be fixing the one thing about the Oilers that isn't broken.

...so management is probably thinking about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad