Resting John Tavares

Newt91

Feb 8, 2019
Should the Leafs have Tavares take the season to "recover" from his injuries? They can likely still make the playoffs without him and then have him fresh for the playoffs. Plus use his money to bring in some players for a playoff run.

I know it's ridiculous but it's the offseason!

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Should the Leafs have Tavares take the season to "recover" from his injuries? They can likely still make the playoffs without him and then have him fresh for the playoffs. Plus use his money to bring in some players for a playoff run.

They need a reason to put him in the IR, which is monitored by the league.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015

There’s a very good chance the leafs don’t even make the playoffs with Tavares. The Atlantic is very top heavy and it won’t be easy fighting for a wild card position.

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
There’s a very good chance the leafs don’t even make the playoffs with Tavares. The Atlantic is very top heavy and it won’t be easy fighting for a wild card position.
You’re forgetting that we have 11 million in reinforcements. So Taylor Hall and Blake Coleman and possibly another player. That helps the team a lot more than 1 C who plays 18 min

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Yeah good luck getting evidence on concussion symptoms

Every player does baseline testing. That’s what the players do in the “quiet room” before they can come back to play.

It actually would be theoretically possible to fake your way into missing significant time, but that would take both Tavares and Dubas telling a lot of lies, and neither guy seems like the kind to go along with that.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
You’re forgetting that we have 11 million in reinforcements. So Taylor Hall and Blake Coleman and possibly another player. That helps the team a lot more than 1 C who plays 18 min

Adding those guys and subtracting Tavares makes us much worse. Coleman and Hall are barely upgrades over the losses lol Hyman and likely Kerfoot.

Reactions: FraumBallard

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
Every player does baseline testing. That’s what the players do in the “quiet room” before they can come back to play.

It actually would be theoretically possible to fake your way into missing significant time, but that would take both Tavares and Dubas telling a lot of lies, and neither guy seems like the kind to go along with that.
Agreed on all. And the whole pretence of this thread is stupid

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
They need a reason to put him in the IR, which is monitored by the league.
Head Injury. Migraines and virtigo..... Crosby has been out for a while season when he got concussion and kept experiencing side effects after and found out he had a neck injury aswell.

The way John went down he can say he's still not ready to play or have him try playing and just keep saying he's not feeling well until they have to put him on LTIR... They can't really measure that and can't force him back.. the collision was GRUESOME to watch so if there's a hearing date on it they'd have to sit and watch that injury again.. and have to take John's word for it.. I'd assume.

I say go for it.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I doubt we could even find a reason for him to rest for an entire off-season and not be healthy, or sit out the entire 82 games and not be healthy by then.

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
I think we all agree it CAN be done but it’s a ridiculous idea. Imagine explaining it to the rest of the team. Imagine Tavares showing up cold

Reactions: Ciao

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

The last time this was brought up no one could answer, why would Tavares not want to play ?

Agreed though, ridiculous

Reactions: egd27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad