Post-Game Talk: Rested Jets 4 Tanking Hawks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Actually, that must have been one of the most enjoyable sportsnet broadcasts I have ever watched. Of course, I watched the Punjabi feed and didn’t have to stomach Galley.
Yeah, he's a real piece of shit isnt he? My favorite moments were when he triumphantly called pretty much every penalty against Chicago to be bullshit, but was very much in favor of the Stenlund penalty which he referred to as a "slew foot" when the replay clearly showed it was a completely unintentionally accident. God that guy is garbage.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
We are not a SN entity so they do not feel the need to cheer lead like they do the teams they have broadcast rights when they do their games coast to coast. Galley does seem to side on which ever team the Jets are playing or maybe we are reading things into his commentating. Easy fix drop the colour guy and just have a pbp guy doing Jets coast to coast games, or better yet just leave us alone.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
We are not a SN entity so they do not feel the need to cheer lead like they do the teams they have broadcast rights when they do their games coast to coast. Galley does seem to side on which ever team the Jets are playing or maybe we are reading things into his commentating. Easy fix drop the colour guy and just have a pbp guy doing Jets coast to coast games, or better yet just leave us alone.
The Pittsburgh game he pumped up our tires but every other game I ever remember him doing for us you would swear he had money on the line against us or that a Jet had slept with his wife.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Really happy to get 2 points.
Did anyone else notice how Bones rolled the top 2 lines for 4 or 6 shifts in a row at the end of the first?
I thought Perfetti had a really strong start to the game. He was hounding that puck and getting his stick on everything. I’d like to see the team build some trust in his game when defending leads. At least cycle him in a couple of times. He’s always in the right position and getting the puck out isn’t a weakness of his.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I love how familiar the Sportsnet panel is with our team. During the first intermission when talking about trade targets and our roster. Bieksa sugggested moving Barron down for JVR (which would leave Kuhlman on the 3rd). He also said how DeMelo would replace Samberg in the line up. Instead of Stanley. Good thing they get paid the big bucks to know so much about the Canadian teams. :thumbd:

Nov 24, 2006

Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve never really got this feeling. I don’t get that vibe from Galley or the SN panel who spent most of the intermissions talking pretty positively about the Jets.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve never really got this feeling. I don’t get that vibe from Galley or the SN panel who spent most of the intermissions talking pretty positively about the Jets.
I would love to hear from any poster who is not a Jets fan who watched last nights game or any games in the past that SN has done and see what they think.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I thought the Jets played better than I expected. Some of the passing was off but I feel like our top players came to play and knew the assignment.

The third you could see the adrenaline wore off a bit and score effects probably led to the Jets struggling a bit to get the puck out.

I actually thought the Hawks played hard but you could see the upper end talent just not being there.

Has Kane really declined that much? He didn't scare me in that game at all. Maybe he's just tired of losing?

Domi and Kurashev both looked pretty good, and TJ a well.

Ehlers needs to get some more games in, you can see he's just not at the level you'd expect from him. We might not see prime time Ehlers until next season when his injury fully heals and he can break down all the scar tissue through stretching and skating.

I do think the coaches are managing his minutes carefully. A reinjury would be devastating.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Pretty good first game after an 11 game break. Only thing I didn't like was the lull at the start of the third but they got it back under control.

Helle played well

JoMo was a force.
Stanley and Snerg had solid nights as did our other dmen.

Thought the top 6 played well. I liked Cole's disruption through 2 periods. He was hounding pucks and turning them over. Also had a couple real good chances. Conner played well and also had some good looks. Dubois didn't quite have his hands today. Scheifele, Wheeler and Ehlers were all good.

Bottom 6 played well as well.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Wheezer 1 ball with a deuce, nice!

Hellboi kept us ahead!

3 out of 5 Schwarzeneggers

1676221285159.gif
1676221285159.gif
1676221285159.gif

Onwards and Upwards!:yo:

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Uh-huh, sure. Because we can read his mind and determine his intent.

Maybe? It is to laugh.
Well the Chicago player had done nothing visibly previously to piss off Stenlund, the puck was deep in the Chicago zone and had already gone up the boards and was nowhere near the "infraction", and Stenlund was looking up ice. Pretty hard to "slew foot" a guy when your head is turned. Was it a penalty? Yeah probably, the player got tripped and fell, but to call it a "slew foot" would be suggesting it was intentional. Morale of the story, Garrey Galley is an ass.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Well the Chicago player had done nothing visibly previously to piss off Stenlund, the puck was deep in the Chicago zone and had already gone up the boards and was nowhere near the "infraction", and Stenlund was looking up ice. Pretty hard to "slew foot" a guy when your head is turned. Was it a penalty? Yeah probably, the player got tripped and fell, but to call it a "slew foot" would be suggesting it was intentional. Morale of the story, Garrey Galley is an ass.
Sorry, I should have explained that I wasn't questioning what you saw, just your mind-reading skills.

Moral(e) of the story, Galley haters gotta hate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inanna

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think Towes didn't play for a reason, and likely he's been traded and maybe to the Jets, and part of the deal, was he ceases to play. I think behind the scenes Chevy has been dealing on Towes and Meier. If Chevy thinks we're losing Dubois, I think he'll try very hard to land Meier, who would replace Dubois. We could win the Cup by adding those 2 players.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I think Towes didn't play for a reason, and likely he's been traded and maybe to the Jets, and part of the deal, was he ceases to play. I think behind the scenes Chevy has been dealing on Towes and Meier. If Chevy thinks we're losing Dubois, I think he'll try very hard to land Meier, who would replace Dubois. We could win the Cup by adding those 2 players.

If he has been traded he would have been playing for us, not sitting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce