Respect to Sidney Crosby

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/im-with-the-bandwagon-sens-live-to-fight-another-day

The crowd at Wednesday night’s Senators victory gave Russell’s Jonathan Pitre a standing ovation when his image flashed on the scoreboard. Pitre, 14, usually wears a Sens sweater to the game, but on Wednesday he was decked out in a spiffy suit and tie — a gift from Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby.

A big hockey fan, the Grade 9 student suffers from Epidermolysis bullosa (EB), a painful and disfiguring skin disease. After his interest in becoming a sportscaster or hockey scout was reported in a Citizen profile by Andrew Duffy, the Senators signed him to a ceremonial one-day scouting contract last November and invited him to watch a game with team executives.

Pitre’s mother, Tina Boileau, said she was contacted last week by Jim Britt, manager of team operations for the Penguins. He told her Crosby had been following Jonathan’s story and wanted to have a suit tailored for him so that he could walk into the rink, just like an NHL player, in the kind of business suit that would make Don Cherry proud. Boileau took her son’s measurements and sent them to Crosby’s favourite tailor in Montreal.

I know we all have our opinions of the things he does on the ice sometimes, but this was just a true class act.

Thanks, Sidney.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I posted about this in game 4s PGT. Classiest move I've ever heard. I commented to my gf at the game about how sharp Jonathan looked and to find out it was sid who got him those duds brought a tear to my eye

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I posted about this in game 4s PGT. Classiest move I've ever heard. I commented to my gf at the game about how sharp Jonathan looked and to find out it was sid who got him those duds brought a tear to my eye

Yeah I'm shocked it's not getting more coverage.

But especially in light of the Penguins being eliminated, Crosby's a good dude.

Courty

Apr 13, 2007
Yeah I'm shocked it's not getting more coverage.

But especially in light of the Penguins being eliminated, Crosby's a good dude.

He really is. Honestly, hockey or no hockey, there isn't much to not like about him.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
As long as he's not thrashing the Senators, I'm all for hte guy ;)

PS. should link this on the "are Crosby's best years over?" thread. The guy's going to win a couple more cups if not more in my opinion.

Xamar*

I hated Crosby in 2007 and a few years after but he matured a heck of alot.. He's a very likeable guy now but I'm not sure if it's more pity or admiration.. Either way class act from class man.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
and how about under armour. hope they can come up with something

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Good stuff.

And more kudos for going to the World Championships. Hopefully this will offset the haters who were angry about him not wanting to go to the All-Star game.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
And even more props to him for going to the WC this year. Didn't see that coming.

Surprised me too. Actually enough that I broke down and bought tickets for one of the Canada games. Gonna pull my kid out of school to go see it :nod:

otown

Sep 4, 2009
What a heart warming gesture! A great athlete but an even better person!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad