Request for Help From a Sens Fan

Fitch89

Sep 11, 2011
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me do something special for my cousin who is a big Flames fan. About 3 weeks ago he was sent to the emergency room as a result of an infection in his heart. The doctors originally thought he would need surgery right away but after a few days on anti-biotics, things seemed to be improving.

About two weeks later, the doctors decided he was well enough to be sent home with multiple visits a day from a VON (nurse) to provide him medication. The next day he went to his sons' first hockey game of the season (they got a ride from the coach so he didn't have to risk driving etc.).

At the game he collapsed and an ambulance was called to the scene. When they arrived, he wasn't breathing and had no pulse, but they were fortunately able to revive him. He was rushed to the nearest hospital and tests showed he had suffered a brain aneurism, so they rushed him to a bigger hospital for emergency surgery. The doctors have continuously said he is lucky to be alive and stressed this fact to his parents and wife several times.

At this point he is beginning his very long road to recovery which will very likely include more surgeries and extensive time in the hospital. At this point it is still too early to know what the extent of the damage to the brain is, or if he will ever fully recover. He is only in his mid-30s and has a wife and three young children who have taken all of this in stride.

I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me do something special for him and his family. I would love to get him a signed team photo or get-well card signed by the team that I could give him. I would of course be willing to provide whatever materials, shipping etc. that would be required. This is probably a stretch, but getting his children to a Calgary game in either Toronto or Ottawa would also be an amazing escape for the kids (our family lives inbetween the two cities). Sorry for the long post, and a huge "thank you" to those who are able to help.

TL;DR Hoping someone can help me do something nice for my cousin and his family. He is a big Calgary fan and recently suffered some major health issues (heart infection, aneurism)

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Wow that's scary, I hope he gets well soon. To be honest there isn't a huge fan base on this site you would be much better off trying CalgaryPuck or directly emailing the Flames. Good Luck!

Fitch89

Sep 11, 2011
Wow that's scary, I hope he gets well soon. To be honest there isn't a huge fan base on this site you would be much better off trying CalgaryPuck or directly emailing the Flames. Good Luck!

Thanks very much for the suggestions Hudlinator, I'm working on getting an account set up now so I can post on CalgaryPuck and I'll be reaching out to the Flames in the next day or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad