Post-Game Talk: Representative

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I haven't seen a game in a month as I'm out of the country. Did Boyle replace Vally? Boyle's better than I thought. He does a podcast and is super low key and out of it. Anyway, hope Vally is still there.

No. I think he pops in every now and then. He was with Giannone when the Rangers played in Boston. Vally is probably just off somewhere hitting the slopes. Hank wasn't around either.

And I really like Boyle on the Post podcast. He gives you that player's perspective and one that isn't that far removed from the game and the locker room. Duguay was awful and brought nothing in his two years on it. "Budget cuts" was his response to being taken off the show. Yeah. Budget cuts. LOL.

The show would be better if it was just Mollie, Larry, and Boyle. Get rid of the host. He thought Peca was a former Ranger. LOL!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Other than a slow not even bad just slow 1st period, they later came out and took control of the game. Was an overall great game, and Schneider and Miller really stepped up after Trouba left the game, hopefully he is not out long.

A real feel good win and this team continues to take strides in the right direction.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
No. I think he pops in every now and then. He was with Giannone when the Rangers played in Boston. Vally is probably just off somewhere hitting the slopes. Hank wasn't around either.

And I really like Boyle on the Post podcast. He gives you that player's perspective and one that isn't that far removed from the game and the locker room. Duguay was awful and brought nothing in his two years on it. "Budget cuts" was his response to being taken off the show. Yeah. Budget cuts. LOL.

The show would be better if it was just Mollie, Larry, and Boyle. Get rid of the host. He thought Peca was a former Ranger. LOL!

He gives good insight into his time in the NHL on the podcast but is a bit robotic.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Good for you @CasusBelli . So very many guilty, they should be ashamed of themselves. Yeah, he was playing with his head up his ass "offensively", but still was integral with our winning ways. Such a complete player, I don't understand how anyone could forget what he has meant to this team for how long now?
Any chance you remember me "guaranteeing" he'd get his 90-105 pts this year?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He gives good insight into his time in the NHL on the podcast but is a bit robotic.
Yeah well, duh. If you got in front of a camera with ...........(fill in how many viewers) you'd be robotic as well. Takes time to feel comfy. This isn't what he's been doing all of his life. Hell, I remember Vally and even Hank was pathetic in that way in the beginning. Duguay......well, that's a different story. Never got better.

What? I dont get any kudos for NAILING the exact 5-1 result? Doesn't anybody read my pathetic 2 cents?

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Good for you @CasusBelli . So very many guilty, they should be ashamed of themselves. Yeah, he was playing with his head up his ass "offensively", but still was integral with our winning ways. Such a complete player, I don't understand how anyone could forget what he has meant to this team for how long now?
I just look for the first sign of a slump after a player reaches 30 and — perhaps too soon in today’s NHL — write him off / assume he’s started a secular decline. Perhaps that should be 32 now, with ever advancing medicine and treatments.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah well, duh. If you got in front of a camera with ...........(fill in how many viewers) you'd be robotic as well. Takes time to feel comfy. This isn't what he's been doing all of his life. Hell, I remember Vally and even Hank was pathetic in that way in the beginning. Duguay......well, that's a different story. Never got better.

What? I dont get any kudos for NAILING the exact 5-1 result? Doesn't anybody read my pathetic 2 cents?

No, what In saying is he's robotic in the podcast but not as much during the Rangers post game.

Why does it seem like the team rarely has everyone firing on all cylinders? When Mika wasn't producing bread was, then bread slowed down and Mika is. Why not both?

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
No, what In saying is he's robotic in the podcast but not as much during the Rangers post game.

Why does it seem like the team rarely has everyone firing on all cylinders? When Mika wasn't producing bread was, then bread slowed down and Mika is. Why not both?
not for nothing but Panarin has 15p in his last 11gp. I would say he's been a little less effective but hasn't slowed down really.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Well, it was completely warranted to bag on his lack of 5v5 scoring. I mean you just did it above. There were a few that were harsh, but most of it was totally nail on the head. He WASN'T producing... and he caught shit for it.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Caps broadcast said we are #1 in the league for completing cross ice passes, average of 7 per game, cool stat. Probably includes PP but who knows. I've also heard their broadcast discuss offensive zone possession time as a raw per game number, another interesting stat.

I never hear anything interesting like that from Joe, only gives dumb stuff like PP, PK, or faceoff rankings all day. I'm sure he has access but is told by the MSG higher ups to KISS (keep it simple stupid), don't want to alienate NFL fans who accidentally landed on the broadcast and wouldn't understand what a cross ice pass is, leave that for Vally on the post game show (which I rarely have time to watch).

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
The Panarin Laffy magic has dwindled a bit.

Hopefully that comes back at full strength soon
I feel like special teams play is disrupting that line. For instance they had Laf on with Brod at 4v4 with a PP coming up, then he came off for PP1 (10 and 16.) I feel like Lav is trying to get Laf on the ice, but the line is disrupted any game we get significant PP time since Tro and Pan are out for like a min plus, then Laf gets PP2. then the line has basically missed a shift or two.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA

Pretty sure that Duguay was removed right after he called out JT Miller for running away from a fight at the end of a game against Montreal.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Caps broadcast said we are #1 in the league for completing cross ice passes, average of 7 per game, cool stat. Probably includes PP but who knows. I've also heard their broadcast discuss offensive zone possession time as a raw per game number, another interesting stat.

I never hear anything interesting like that from Joe, only gives dumb stuff like PP, PK, or faceoff rankings all day. I'm sure he has access but is told by the MSG higher ups to KISS (keep it simple stupid), don't want to alienate NFL fans who accidentally landed on the broadcast and wouldn't understand what a cross ice pass is, leave that for Vally on the post game show (which I rarely have time to watch).

I just think Joe isn't nearly as bright as Vally and is more old school.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Pretty sure that Duguay was removed right after he called out JT Miller for running away from a fight at the end of a game against Montreal.

JT Miller wasn't with the Rangers a year and a half ago. Ron Duguay was the original host of the NY Post's Rangers podcast with Mollie Walker and Jake Brown. After two seasons he was let go, not renewed, not asked back, whatever. He cited "budget cuts". They probably didn't want him to return after the news of him and Sarah Palin dating came out and him roughing up a photographer outside of the restaurant him, Palin, and others were dining. The Post probably wanted to distance themselves from that. Besides the podcast wasn't good with him. He wasn't in touch with today's game.

He was not renewed at MSG after the 2017-2018 season. Probably because he said the officials of a particular game should instead be officiating a women's game instead of an NHL match. That didn't sit well on social media.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022

1703781000151.gif

Micheletti every time a faceoff graphic is shown

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Miller flipped a switch when Trouba went down, activated all over the ice, threw some big hits, was very sound at his blueline. I hope he keeps that up with Trouba back, but imo Trouba is part of the problem. he's horrific defensively and it leads to Miller playing way more conservatively, I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad