Reports on a few prospects

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Ok i lied... i wouldnt mind some scouting on these guys.. such as potential, when they are going to be regs or even seeing call up time:

Jay Barriball
Tomas Fleischmann
Sean Bergenheim
Kris Chucko
Michael Frolik
Marek Zagrapan
Mikhail Grabovski
TJ Hensick
Lukas Kaspar
Joey Ryan
Kris Letang
Konstantin Pushkarev
Keith Seabrook
Vladimir Zharkov
Roman Voloshenko

Thanks a ton guys

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
Kris Letang will be in the Nhl next year.Can be good offensively or defensivly whatever you choose he's good at it and is a good leader too.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
pushkarev, kaspar and fleischman will play in the NHL next season. not all of them will be regulars, but if they are not they will get a feaw call-ups.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Joey Ryan

Defensive defenseman without much offensive upside, good skater, great hitter, needs to get more confidence with the puck, tends to give the puck away and needs to learn how to make the first pass on a consistent basis, willing to drop the gloves and get dirty for his team

He could end up anywhere in the bottom 4, but most likely he'll end up a third pairing defenseman with solid penalty killing ability. His absolute upside is probably Adam Foote, he might end up similar to Aaron Miller though.

Konstantin Pushkarev

Great stickhandler, good shot with a quick release, great speed, lacks a dependable defensive game, tends to be lazy and doesn't always give a full effort, but plays with a ton of energy when he does, not afraid to mix it up and throw hits but his frame doesn't allow him to take them that well, needs to bulk up if he ever wants to make it

Could end up a second liner, but he probably won't ever make it to the NHL on a consistent basis unless one of his coaches straightens him out. Could end up a poor-man's Kovalev, playing on the third line and powerplay, but I think his window of opportunity is slowly closing.

malyk

Apr 15, 2007
The City by the Bay
Fleishmann saw a bunch of time in the nhl with the caps last year. I wouldn't be suprised to see him a bunch more next year. Maybe even full time depending on the off season acqiositions.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Mikhail Grabovski- will get a look at camp, should see more games with the Habs next year, although it's impossible to say if he can make the team full time. Imo he will go back and forth next year as he needs to work on his face-offs, learn to use his teammates more and keep his head up.

His potential I'd say is a 2nd line C, he's very fast with some slick moves. Passes the puck really well and has been good in the SO this year in Hamilton. His shot isn't powerfull but he knows where to put it and he creates offense when he's on the ice. Works hard at both ends of the rink most of the time, often named one of the Hardest Working players in the game for Hamilton. Has gotten leveled though many times, as he adjusts to the north south kind of game, getting caught with his head down. He needs to get stronger too imo. I do think he will be a full time NHL within 2 years.

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
Ok i lied... i wouldnt mind some scouting on these guys.. such as potential, when they are going to be regs or even seeing call up time:

Jay Barriball
Tomas Fleischmann
Sean Bergenheim
Kris Chucko
Michael Frolik
Marek Zagrapan
Mikhail Grabovski
TJ Hensick
Lukas Kaspar
Joey Ryan
Kris Letang
Konstantin Pushkarev
Keith Seabrook
Vladimir Zharkov
Roman Voloshenko

Thanks a ton guys

Bergenheim should be in the NHL, wasnt given a good enough chance with Islanders coaching staff who preferred the vets over the young guys this year.

Joe Ryan- like someone already mentioned, the next Aaron Miller

Grabovsky- a very quick, flashy, hardworking second liner. He is playing center now but i think he willp have more success on the wing

Lukas Kaspar- wont be anything more than a role player, third liner at best. Limited offensiver potential but plays very good on the penalty kill and in his own end, very relaible.

Letang- top pairing defenceman in a few years, will be in the big show next year and making an impact. A great steal for Pittsburgh in the third round.

Voloshenko- will be a bust. Never will transform into a big player in the NHL, headed back to Russia soon, i can almost gurantee

I too would like to know more about: Keith Seabrook, Michael Frolik, Marek Zagrapan, Kris Chucko, and Vladmir Zharkon. I want to hear more about there seasons this year.

Faktisti*

im sure that sean bergenheim will be a real NHL 1. 2. line forwarder. he is first round draft (15th or something) and he plays finnish team in moscow. he will go back to NHL next year thats for sure

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
im sure that sean bergenheim will be a real NHL 1. 2. line forwarder. he is first round draft (15th or something) and he plays finnish team in moscow. he will go back to NHL next year thats for sure

moscow is in russia:)

btw. he left russia and played 80% of the season for frolunda in sweden.

Blue Dragon

Jan 27, 2007
Ohio
I think there's 2 options for Hensick next season:
1) The Avs will move him to a wing on a scoring line.
2) He will be our first line Centre in Cleveland, and will be the first call-up in case of injury.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
If Fleischmann could play with more consistency at the NHL level, he'd have a great chance at locking up a roster spot with the Caps next year (depending on their other offseason moves, of course, including the possibility that he himself is dealt elsewhere). He had a four point game against Tampa Bay late in the season and seemed to be much more comfortable and confident with the big team during his last stretch with the Caps.

Seabrook is at least two to three years away from making the jump. He just completed his first year at Denver and seemed to have a decent year but he'll probably stay at DU for a couple more years.

Faktisti*

moscow is in russia:)

btw. he left russia and played 80% of the season for frolunda in sweden.

OMG this years WC is in russia and sean plays in finlands team. yes he played past season in frölunda and actually played pretty well

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
OMG this years WC is in russia and sean plays in finlands team. yes he played past season in frölunda and actually played pretty well

chill dude. if you would have just made it that clear the first time i wouldnt have made that mistake. and i totally forgot the WHC was in russia.:)

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
I've scouted Jay Barriball this year for McKeens Hockey. I like him - he's an intriguing prospect and was a solid acquistion for the Blues. You're scouting staff probably saw quite a bit of him while Checking up on E.J and Oshie in the WCHA this year.

"Pint sized but is sturdy on his feet and fearless in traffic .. will go to the net and battles for rebounds .. will finish checks with surprising power and is a competitive player .. lacks first step quickness and overall explosiveness is lacking .. agile and he's a fine all round skater .. top gear is decent but overall his superb anticipation makes up for his lack of speed .. has soft hands and is slippery one on one .. is laterally quick and his shiftiness is decent .. his offensive imagination is top notch as he can distribute the puck creatively .. sees the ice instinctively and can hit the open man with a pass without even looking at him it seems .. hockey sense is top notch as he positions himself well with or without the puck at all times .. his motor is where you want it as he keeps moving his feet and working .. his accuracy and power behind his shot are impressive but he could quicken his release .. is a threat to score even from the outside .. could compete harder in his own end but he's okay defensively and is more than willing to block a shot .. size and speed are the questions marks moving forward but he compensates for them at this level with anticipation and balance."

www.mckeenshockey.com
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=8299088&postcount=18

There's Barriball.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
thanks a ton guys..

questions:

1. is voloshenko really that big of a bust. 1 bad year really makes him that bad?
2. whats kaspars mold like? niklas sundstrom?
3. any chance cgy releases a few ppl this offseason and allows guys like chucko and/or ryder to get into the fold? or is Boyd next in line?
4. Is bergenheim a 90% chance at comming back person or is he staying put in europe?
5. Whats seabrooks style like? anything like his brother?

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
thanks a ton guys..

questions:

1. is voloshenko really that big of a bust. 1 bad year really makes him that bad?
2. whats kaspars mold like? niklas sundstrom?
3. any chance cgy releases a few ppl this offseason and allows guys like chucko and/or ryder to get into the fold? or is Boyd next in line?
4. Is bergenheim a 90% chance at comming back person or is he staying put in europe?
5. Whats seabrooks style like? anything like his brother?

3) I'm pretty sure CGY has a lot of guys to sign this offseason and I'm guessing a couple will be gone. My guess would be that Boyd is definitly next in line and should be up next season. I think Ryder would be the next up after Boyd, as soon as next year.

Last edited:

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Bergenheim should be in the NHL, wasnt given a good enough chance with Islanders coaching staff who preferred the vets over the young guys this year.

Well actually the reason for him playing in Europe this year was the Islanders trying to lowball him in negotiations.

He has said many times, to the media and fansites that his goal is to get back to NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad