Report: Tomas Kopecky Interested In Returning to Chicago

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
If we have to trade away a 2 Players and have the Cap Space after the move and Krüger contract, I'd like him on the 4th line

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
I believe in context that interview happened, that he just wanted make a compliment to Hawks organization and coach Q and didn't mean it literally .
Plus, at this stage of his career and with two SC rings already he would prefer team which can offer him best money and everyone including him knows it would be not team like the Blackhawks.

PS. we know that one player from Trencin in a team is enough to win the Cup and we now have two.
2324597_hokej-gaborik-hossa-chara.jpg

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
DHF would probably do back flips if Kopy comes back. I was never a big fan of his, so I'll gladly pass.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Kopecky was fine as a 4th liner. Though, he was prone to stupid offensive zone penalties.

But anything more than a 4th liner and he doesn't belong on this team. Pass.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'd be okay at a dirt cheap contract, but barring a massive discount I'd rather see a prospect in his position on the team.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
If he's willing to take a training camp invite or a contract that can be buried free of penalty, then sure, why not. He's definitely at the tail-end of his career though, I thought last year was the last we'd see of him in the NHL.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
In all seriousness...

He was better suited for this organization when he first joined. Kopecky can play damn near every forward role somewhat in a pinch: center, third wheel scoring line player, capable fourth line energy guy with talent; but we're overflowing with young NHL ready forward prospects now. We weren't then. I'd much rather see Q forced to promote a guy like Hartman, Teuvo, Panarin, etc. into a more prominent role than what he likely would do:

Stick Kopecky, a guy he knows and trusts, into a role he's ill suited for ahead of several more deserving kids into the top six when Hossa or Kane have to sit for a few games.

One of my favorite Blackhawks. But short of him signing for peanuts while simultaneously fixing Q's biggest flaw, he just doesn't fit this team as is.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
In all seriousness...

He was better suited for this organization when he first joined. Kopecky can play damn near every forward role somewhat in a pinch: center, third wheel scoring line player, capable fourth line energy guy with talent; but we're overflowing with young NHL ready forward prospects now. We weren't then. I'd much rather see Q forced to promote a guy like Hartman, Teuvo, Panarin, etc. into a more prominent role than what he likely would do:

Stick Kopecky, a guy he knows and trusts, into a role he's ill suited for ahead of several more deserving kids into the top six when Hossa or Kane have to sit for a few games.

One of my favorite Blackhawks. But short of him signing for peanuts while simultaneously fixing Q's biggest flaw, he just doesn't fit this team as is.

He's a sith lord, he should be here.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Theres just no room for a depth signing right now. We're overloaded on people who can play in the bottom 6 Desi/Shaw/Kruger/Tikhonov/Garbutt/Morin/Nordstrom/Versteeg/Bickell then throwing in TT who's probaly going to center the third line. Too many cooks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad