Raptors Discussion: REPORT: Raptors trade DeRozan, Poeltl, Protected 1st to Spurs for Leonard, Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Realistically what is Poeltl's upside.
Very serviceable big man who was like top 5 in blocks per 48 mins. Good hands in tight, good on pick and rolls. Coordinated and athletic and a well-liked teammate. Poor free throw shooter but improved his % every month if I remember correctly.

I don’t wanna go overboard but I’d say his upside is something like a Andrew Bogut with more blocks and less assists

Reactions: saltming

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
poeltl has potential as a great garbageman type complementary center, but probably not ever a guy you can actually throw the ball down to into the post regularly.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Benches are overrated come playoff time. With longer tv timeouts, days off during games, players utilize rest during the regular season. It's not difficult to see how players can play 38-40mpg in the playoffs. The Celtics don't have a better bench but they found more contributors after being ravaged by injuries. Heck the Celts had to get 14mpg from Shane Larkin, Baynes was playing 20mpg in the playoffs.

You don't really mean that. Mavs bench was the reason they beat the Heat. Manu came off the bench for 3 of his rings and made a huge impact on the floor. Having Frye and Jefferson come off the bench completely torched the Raps and forced them to go out and find a bench shooter (Miles). Yes, you'll have multiple stars average 38+ mpg come playoff time, but not every team has that luxury like the Warriors.

Reactions: Diamond Joe Quimby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad