replacing Derek Dorsett in lineup and roster

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I really like what I've seen from Carcillo playing on the 4th line. I really don't see the need for Dorsett anymore, and I hope they stop playing him instead of Carbomb.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
OMG WTF! They put Carcillo back in and we lost! What are you doing AV!? Why are you messing with chemistry! Dorsett had a good game and then you take him out! They looked like dog **** out there without Dorsett, omg what a joke! Carcillo didn't do anything and he made the 4th line play like crap! So useless, bury him in the ECHL already!

lullllzzzzzz

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
OMG WTF! They put Carcillo back in and we lost! What are you doing AV!? Why are you messing with chemistry! Dorsett had a good game and then you take him out! They looked like dog **** out there without Dorsett, omg what a joke! Carcillo didn't do anything and he made the 4th line play like crap! So useless, bury him in the ECHL already!

lullllzzzzzz

this certainly needed to be in two different threads...

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
this certainly needed to be in two different threads...

At least. Should do a 3rd variation in the Carillo noise thead as well.

Everyone felt the need to talk about how great Carcillo was in three threads for the past two days, I fail to see the issue with doing the opposite. It's annoying to read the same stupidity over and over isn't it?

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Using corsi and advanced stats to tell the worth of a 4th line grinder who plays ~7 min a night.

Ldt72.gif

Do any of you guys actually watch hockey? Considering some of your post counts I highly doubt it, as you're all always on here!

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Using corsi and advanced stats to tell the worth of a 4th line grinder who plays ~7 min a night.

Ldt72.gif

Do any of you guys actually watch hockey? Considering some of your post counts I highly doubt it, as you're all always on here!

Yeah, we don't actually watch. We just look at stats and then come here to argue with people who watch for no reason. Good one man, that's hilarious. :sarcasm: :help:

Why would advanced stats, or any stats, be less applicable because they're playing limited minutes on the 4th line? I know it is pretty easy to determine that Brian Boyle is a better hockey player than John Scott, just by watching them play, but what about when the talent level is closer? Like say for instance Derek Dorsett and Dan Carcillo. Dominic Moore vs. Brian Boyle? Advanced stats, and stats in general can help you determine that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
The Dorsett hate here had always been ridiculous. It's like they hate brecause he isn't Prust and love Carcillo because he isn't Dorsett. The dumb penalties thing was also blown out of proportion he really hasn't been that bad.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Greatest part of it:

Dorsett’s combination of work ethic, underrated skill and now discipline have helped him grow into an important contributor on a team that believes it can win it all. He acts and talks like a leader because it’s a part of him.

It's guys like this that keep things going, for real. WOrk ethic cannot be replaced by skill.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I like Dorse, and I think he's been decent to good in the playoffs thus far. Works well with Dom and Boyle. I'd argue that Carcillo has been better though, and I don't feel there's room for both if everyone's healthy. AV has been managing the lineup well, in him I will continue to trust. Depth is never a bad thing.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
you gotta save where you can. rangers are in a cap crunch. dorsett is expendable. esp for a 4th liner who doesnt kill penalties.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
you gotta save where you can. rangers are in a cap crunch. dorsett is expendable. esp for a 4th liner who doesnt kill penalties.

He killed penalties most of the year until he came back from injury.

We have the luxury of having a lot of PK'ing forwards that are bigger shorthanded threats to score.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, I'm not seeing the reason to get rid of him at all. He is a good 4th liner who can and will drop the gloves and PK. He blocks shots and is a pain in the ass to play against.

I'd bring Carcillo back and keep Dorsett. I HIGHLY doubt Boyle is back.

Carcillo-Moore-Dorsett

Sub in a player like Hrivik for teams where both aren't needed.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
He killed penalties most of the year until he came back from injury.

We have the luxury of having a lot of PK'ing forwards that are bigger shorthanded threats to score.

did he?

i honestly dont remember him doing that. weve got so many good pkers its tough to keep track of all of them.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
did he?

i honestly dont remember him doing that. weve got so many good pkers its tough to keep track of all of them.

he was a great PKer for us. He has a decent accuracy so he was really good at sending the puck to the other end of the ice and getting it to stay in the corner away from the goalie and buying us a few extra seconds.

As was said he is however not our best PKer or best 4rth liner or best fighter. He is a solid guy and a great energy player but he is depth to this team. However depth is super important to a team like this and honestly I don't want to lose anyone. Obviously that is impossible. Zuc is going to be getting a good contract and Staal the year after that. The cap Monster gets every team eventually.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
He barely killed penalties. He got a look see and that was it. He wasn't even a 4th forward pair option.

Boyle, Hags, Moore, MSL (Callahan), Stepan, Nash, Zucc all were ahead of him.

HenrikO'doyle

Mar 2, 2006
Wanted to bump this for a guy whos gotten a lot of heat from us here. We dont score that first goal without him he was flying out there tonight.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Wanted to bump this for a guy whos gotten a lot of heat from us here. We dont score that first goal without him he was flying out there tonight.

Yeah he played well tonight, except for one play where he threw it back in the zone and got hemmed in.

During game 5 Dorsett caught some flak by the Canadian media for spraying snow on one of those kids that carries the flag for MTL, and spearing Weaver in the you know what during a TV timeout when the refs weren't looking.

Pretty funny stuff. Apparently he did something at the airport too, but I have no idea what or if true.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Dorsett was flying out there. Throwing clean hard hits. Tracking pucks down on the forecheck. Another unsung hero of game 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad