replacing Derek Dorsett in lineup and roster

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
I say we keep him. He was the only guy sticking up for his teammates before he broke his leg and has been good in the bottom 6.

At least let him get back in it before we ship him out.

Didn't look horrible on the line with Richards last night and they were able to get a little energy going.

AHB*

He tries hard, but he's just not a good hockey player. Also extremely undersized for his role and unlike someone like Prust, he doesn't seem to have the body strength to "play bigger."

He loses so many board battles, has hands of stone and is a below average skater.

At this point, Carcillo should be in. Stop messing with chemistry.

IF we make the playoffs and Carcillo got injured, roll with JT.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I remember CBJ fans telling us he was their fan fav, and we would like him better than Moore and Brass

Meanwhile Moore has cleaned up his defensive game somewhat, and his offensive game is just starting to flourish, while Brass was a god in the 2013 playoffs lol.

Like I said in a previous thread, Dorsett is a player with lots of awesome intangibles, but you only notice them when he's playing good hockey. otherwise, he blows.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I thought he had a good game last night, but at this point its him vs Carcillo for the 4th line spot and I would rather have Carcillo there.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I thought he had a good game last night, but at this point its him vs Carcillo for the 4th line spot and I would rather have Carcillo there.

agree with the bolded. Dorsett, unfortunately, has simply become a 4th line roster spot casualty because of an untimely injury. Nobody is at fault, and AV is doing the right thing trying to play him to see where he fits. Unfortunately, we're finding that he simply does not, and at that point you have to cut your losses (or winnings, in this case) and move on from that player.

As i said, he has a year left on his contract, and he's a mere $1.67M cap hit, you trade him for a 3rd or 4th round pick. He's a solid pick up for teams looking for a 4th line guy

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The Dorsett hate on this board is so out of proportion it's crazy.

DD was not the reason the Rangers lost last night.

I'd put DD in the lineup for DD. Let him get his legs back. He's an effective fourth-liner who can PK.

KreiMeARiver*

The Dorsett hate on this board is so out of proportion it's crazy.

DD was not the reason the Rangers lost last night.

I'd put DD in the lineup for DD. Let him get his legs back. He's an effective fourth-liner who can PK.

When he's in, they lose...

Get him out of here. He is redundant with Carcillo here. And him over Miller makes me want to chuck a baby off a cliff.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Come on Jorts. You would have a whole lineup of Dorsetts but now you're pandering to the large contingent here that hates Dorsett. I don't care either way if he stays or not but this thread will be another debacle.

Last edited:

KreiMeARiver*

We have Carcillo...a more effective version of Dorsett.

aka Dorsett is expendable. Get rid of him.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I dont really see the need to have a pest on the 4th line when nobody on lines 1-3 can answer the bell for what Dorsett may have started.

I thought Carcillo has played like an idiot his entire career, but he hasn't here yet.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Did we forget Dorsett had a really good stretch of games before he got injured already ? That being said I'm sold on what Carcillo is supposed to contribute to the team, he's good enough

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Carcillo adds a lot more than dorsett does, he was good in the beginning of the year but Carcillo is a better option on the 4th line.

Punxrocknyc19*

I dont really see the need to have a pest on the 4th line when nobody on lines 1-3 can answer the bell for what Dorsett may have started.

I thought Carcillo has played like an idiot his entire career, but he hasn't here yet.

Dorsett runs Crosby and then Engellend runs Richards and is out for the year. :help: that is what would happened if Dorsett did something because Rangers dont have enough grit or toughness to stick up for themselves... id rather have a pest with some size... id rather take a chance on Z. Kassian M.Foligno Simmonds B.Schenn J.Nolan but every team has at least one forward like that with size and grit except the Rangers..

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
some systems are not for some players.

My gut tells me that he would be fine in a Torts system of dump and chase, but where and when the coach is going to ask players to display a actual skill, Dorsett is going to leave you wanting.

not a bad player, just limited in what he can do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad