News Article: Rene Rancourt reveals who his fist pump is for

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
HIMSELF :laugh:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ruins-games/kXYa3UGsS6Hc2qz4t9V0JI/story.html

Rancourt greeted me at his front door in his workout clothes and he was headed for the gym later that morning. He looks terrific. He asked me to feel his biceps. The guy’s in great shape for his age.

And it’s his age that leads me back to what’s behind those fist pumps you’ll see Thursday night.

Turns out Rancourt has been fibbing about his age over the years. He turned 76 in August and wonders if he’s overstayed his welcome.

“To me, it’s anathema to admit your age because people pigeon-hole you right away,’’ he said. “The minute they hear 76, they don’t just hear 76, they hear — ‘and washed up.’ That’s why the pump is so important. Because the pump is for me. I’ve never admitted that before to another human being, not even my wife.

“The pump is for me because when you get to my age, I don’t care who you are, you’re going to need help. You can only kid yourself so much.’’

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I took a picture of him when I went down to see my nephew's game. I don't know how to put it on here, it is on my facebook though.

76 he said hmmm, never thought of his age. He is almost 4 years younger than my mom and almost 8 years younger than my father.

Trust me I understand his fist pump.

Thanks Fenway, the picture is from Dec. 7,2012

Last edited:

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Rene is classic Boston, we love him for him and a little bit more for everyone else that hates him.

Jack is almost there, just a bit more polish.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
411345_10151299243654938_167813845_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jdz

May 22, 2013
One of the highlights about travelling from Australia to boston twice and seeing bruins games was seeing Rene pump the crowd up before we played the habs and the leafs.

Dat fist pump. Had to be my avatar.

ReggiesLemons

Jul 4, 2013
Rene is awesome. I never would have thought he was 76.

That fist pump gets me pumped up for every home game. Hopefully he'll be around for a while longer.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
I love Rene, he's pumps get me stoked.
Had no idea he was 76 though, dude looks great & will never overstay his welcome with me. Keep the Rene pumps going!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad