Rene Bourque

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
this guy has been our worse player. he needs to be in the stands, and we need to try something else there, in hopes he wakes up.

i dont no how a player can be so good in the playoffs, and shhit in the regular season.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Bourque actually started the season looking faster and more engaged in the play. He created a few great chances and had a few close calls that unfortunately didn't go in the net. But since those first three/four game he seems to have lost whatever momentum he had, and looks to be reverting back to his phantom alter-ego.

Another week of this and we'll see Sekac replace him for a few games.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He is one of the most frustrating players ever in my book. Size, speed, some grit, great shot and yet he can't seem to put it together. Hopefully he breaks out on the trip against his former team

MauriceTheGreat*

I saw an article on RDS some days ago and he was claiming his bad start isn't his fault. It's Ellers and Sekac for playing like european. I albsolutely hate the guy.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I saw an article on RDS some days ago and he was claiming his bad start isn't his fault. It's Ellers and Sekac for playing like european. I albsolutely hate the guy.

That is sooo unfortunate...
The casual fan gets to eat that kinda stuff up all the friggin' time.
Then they make the mistake of trying to post something half way intelligent on this board. :cry:

Analyzer*

this guy has been our worse player. he needs to be in the stands, and we need to try something else there, in hopes he wakes up.

i dont no how a player can be so good in the playoffs, and shhit in the regular season.

First 2-3 games he was one of our better forwards with good fore checking, good opportunities, just no finish.

Would like a link to that article.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Bad luck Bork. Left off right where he did last regular season with disallowed goals, posts, missing empty nets. Still has made a few nice plays where he didn't' get assists but probably should have.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Defensively, he's been alright. Doesn't cost you much in the defensive zone and if you notice, he's in the neutral zone/offensive zone for most of the game. It's what his flaws are that are most infuriating. He can't handle a pass, he loses most of his battles for the puck and every time he touches the puck his own passes hit skates or shots miss the net.

Defensively speaking, I can see why Therrien would want to keep him in the line-up. Sekac's defensive game isn't up to par just yet but his work with the puck and his offensive zone presence is leaps and bounds better and more consistent than Bourque's.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
You will quickly see all the guys with zero class or honor like Kreider (don't tell me he is not running goalies on purpose) start doing it more often because of the league's weak response against Lucic. It's a shame because it's one of the more cowardly and disgusting act one can do to target another man's genitals. It doesn't surprise me that Kreider is another guy doing this. Right in his wheelhouse.

This should have been punished with a suspension immediately. It's just not something you want to see in the game.

I don't know why the league hasn't done something about this already...

Unlike some other big physical wingers like Bourque, (that play within the guidelines) play the defence first mantra, the Bourque/Eller combo provided headaches for the NYR's defence all night and wore them down over the course of the game. :nod:

These contributions often overlooked in favor of the scoring accomplishments made by the top six players that receive the prime icetime. One needs to remember that being ready to produce the efforts these players are called on for requires a different mentality. Score first isn't their purpose, it's to create a tight checking unit that stops the opponent from creating a flow to their game, that they accomplish with regularity, unlike their counterparts. :nod:

Keeping the momentum or breaking the opposition's momentum, is vital to our team's ability to change the game, in favor of our system in place, the flow of the game is always a major factor in winning hockey.:nod:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
He's alot more engaged in the play than last season and they're our best possession line.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
We're still not quite at the point where we have guaranteed better options, alas. But the day is coming! Sekac and Bournival *might be* better. By next year there shouldn't be any question, really. If we get the chance to move him before we are desperate to, it would probably save some trouble. But I can see that the timing makes that kind of proactivity unlikely.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Not a defender or a big fan but fair is fair, Rene Borque stepped us for us in a real big way in last years playoffs. He is that guy that you leave in place, he is a playoff guy that is good to have around.

What puzzles me about him is the fact that he has so many good attributes and should be doing much better but for some reason can't seem to put it all together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad