Post-Game Talk: Remember when Our Biggest Fear was Goaltending? 9th Olympic CDN Gold in Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
gold medal game and true detective on the same night indeed. gonna be a heck of a sunday.

Boreal01

Nov 3, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Glad it's at 7 AM, I don't have to worry the whole day about who will win. I think Price will have an easier time against Sweden then he did against the States.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
If Team Canada underestimates Sweden, we're in trouble. Don't take your foot off the gas!

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
If Canada loses to Sweden in the Gold medal game, after beating USA to get there.. it's going to be one of the most devastating Olympics to date. I think Finland has a good chance of beating USA based on their shutdown style, and the fact that a good defence almost always beats a great offence, which is what I was saying before this game too.. but I want Kessel to medal.. so I hope they win.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Beautiful, I'm on nights and should be rolling into the driveway at about 6:45-6:50 Sunday morning.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
This thread has common sense. Good on Leaf fans for being patriotic!! Over on my Sens board there seems to be this self-serving and disturbing anti-Canadian stance with nearly 40% of the posters there actually cheering for Sweden???? :amazed: WTF???? I am embarrassed!!! :rant:

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
its cause russia is like 9 hours ahead

so a 12pm game is like at night time for them
any shorter then would be too early for us

so the 7am is like in the day time for them, a convenient time for them

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
This thread has common sense. Good on Leaf fans for being patriotic!! Over on my Sens board there seems to be this self-serving and disturbing anti-Canadian stance with nearly 40% of the posters there actually cheering for Sweden???? :amazed: WTF???? I am embarrassed!!! :rant:

Thats ok, like 20-30% of posters here were cheering for USA too, heck I have a soft spot for Sweden and I wouldn't be as mad if they won but go Canada!! :yo:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Thats ok, like 20-30% of posters here were cheering for USA too, heck I have a soft spot for Sweden and I wouldn't be as mad if they won but go Canada!! :yo:

I think that % number is high, but I wonder if those that did cheer against Canada last game are doing it again this game also, or are they back on board with Canada for gold?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

That number is too high, from my viewing of these topics.

leafstilldeath*

Hey Sweden who employs

-Krusty the Clown

-Henrik the pauper (king? lol)

-Karlsson the most overrated D-man in the history of hockey

the+price+is+right.jpg

P.S. As a leaf fan Olympics is the only time you will see me praise Price :laugh:

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
If Team Canada underestimates Sweden, we're in trouble. Don't take your foot off the gas!

I doubt it. They've thoroughly dominated all their games (5) in this tournament and I highly doubt they will underestimate a strong Swedish contingent. This Canadian team is just really really good, and I expect that they will pull out another win. If Canada gets that elusive first goal, it might just be game over.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think that % number is high, but I wonder if those that did cheer against Canada last game are doing it again this game also, or are they back on board with Canada for gold?

That doesn't make sense. You're either patriotic or not. You can't treat this as your favourite team and jump on bandwagons. If there is a Canadian out there cheering for the U.S and then decided to now cheer for Canada I wouldn't even bother talking to them. It's only a game I know but to me it's just stupid. Be proud of your country and stick with them, I don't know how people can cheer on another country that their not born in or have any connection to.

Go Canada!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad