Remember Tim Erixon?

sonic92

Mar 5, 2020
Peace River, AB
Remember when the Flames took him in the first round in 2009?
Remember when he bitched and moaned that the only team he'd play for was the Rangers?
Remember when Calgary traded him for Roman Horak?
Remember when he got booed when the Rangers came to Calgary after that trade happened?

Fun fact, today is the anniversary of what I like to call "karma biting him in the ass." That's when the Rangers traded him to Columbus as part of the Rick Nash deal. After that, Erixon got kicked around by about a half a dozen other teams in a career that ultimately went nowhere.

On a serious note, does anyone think we would've had a decent career if he didn't pull his prima donna act?

Reactions: Foo Fighter

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
One of 8000 "GREAT PLAYERS" the rangers got who turned out to be busts.

At least they recognized he was a bum quickly and traded him before his value plummeted like Gilroy and Vesey

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
He could have stayed in Calgary, and he would have busted there too. He wasn't very good, and was soft as warm butter.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
I still remember wanting a feisty hard working C who played for the Otters in that draft. He went 10 picks later and then made the NHL the following year.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Wasn't his dad leaning on him like "there is nothing higher than NY Rangers, it has to be Rangers"

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
We got Horak, Granlund and Tspoon for him. Granlund and Tspoon could have been Kuch. Would have been robbery of epic proportions.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Honestly, if he stayed in Calgary he would've had way more equity in terms of leash. You have to remember the way Feaster handled Bartschi. Kid gloves, told he'd won an NHL job before camp.

Erixon would've had the same treatment from Feaster. At the very least, his NHL career would've been longer here. In my opinion.

But now that I think about it more I've never actually heard of Tom Erixon, so who knows.

Reactions: Boomstick

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
We got Horak, Granlund and Tspoon for him. Granlund and Tspoon could have been Kuch. Would have been robbery of epic proportions.

Drafting with hindsight always sucks, but this one always revs me up because the Flames apparently had two wild card picks on their "list" that year. Gaudreau and Kucherov.

When they got the two 2nd rounders they should have been all over that like flies on ****. Kucherov taken the next spot after Wotherspoon, and they had Kucherov on their list. Damnit

That's a franchise altering draft right there even with Sven and Granlund busting out as top 6 forwards....and what a way to stick it to the Rags for once.

After spoon the Flames didn't draft again until the 4th where they took Gaudreau, thank goodness he was still there.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Drafting with hindsight always sucks, but this one always revs me up because the Flames apparently had two wild card picks on their "list" that year. Gaudreau and Kucherov.

When they got the two 2nd rounders they should have been all over that like flies on ****. Kucherov taken the next spot after Wotherspoon, and they had Kucherov on their list. Damnit

That's a franchise altering draft right there even with Sven and Granlund busting out as top 6 forwards....and what a way to stick it to the Rags for once.

After spoon the Flames didn't draft again until the 4th where they took Gaudreau, thank goodness he was still there.

There's the distinct possibility that someone snatches Gaudreau if we take Kuch in the second. IIRC we weren't the only team looking at both, but size/russian concerns had them pinned down and it was more a matter of who would jump first. Us jumping on Kuch may have forced someone (like TB) to take Gaudreau in rd 3 out of fear for us scooping them again.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Honestly, if he stayed in Calgary he would've had way more equity in terms of leash. You have to remember the way Feaster handled Bartschi. Kid gloves, told he'd won an NHL job before camp.

Erixon would've had the same treatment from Feaster. At the very least, his NHL career would've been longer here. In my opinion.

But now that I think about it more I've never actually heard of Tom Erixon, so who knows.

I completely agree. But after this seeing kids attitude, it becomes clear why he didn't make it.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
There's the distinct possibility that someone snatches Gaudreau if we take Kuch in the second. IIRC we weren't the only team looking at both, but size/russian concerns had them pinned down and it was more a matter of who would jump first. Us jumping on Kuch may have forced someone (like TB) to take Gaudreau in rd 3 out of fear for us scooping them again.

It's a possibility, sure....but we'd have Kucherov for sure, and maybe Gaudreau too...

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
It's a possibility, sure....but we'd have Kucherov for sure, and maybe Gaudreau too...

Or...with a time machine, you draft Kucherov AND Gaudreau in the second by selecting them instead of Granlund and TSpoon? Two picks in the 2nd, no need for the 3rd rounders.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
Lets pick up Palat, Shaw and Dzingle as well while we are in our time machine.

Naw, let's just take the time machine to a different year, like 2014 haha

Or...with a time machine, you draft Kucherov AND Gaudreau in the second by selecting them instead of Granlund and TSpoon? Two picks in the 2nd, no need for the 3rd rounders.

True.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Remember when the Flames took him in the first round in 2009?
Remember when he bitched and moaned that the only team he'd play for was the Rangers?
Remember when Calgary traded him for Roman Horak?
Remember when he got booed when the Rangers came to Calgary after that trade happened?

Fun fact, today is the anniversary of what I like to call "karma biting him in the ass." That's when the Rangers traded him to Columbus as part of the Rick Nash deal. After that, Erixon got kicked around by about a half a dozen other teams in a career that ultimately went nowhere.

On a serious note, does anyone think we would've had a decent career if he didn't pull his prima donna act?

to be fair. He got hit hard by injuries

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
You also never know if Kucherov would have developed into the same player here. He got to grow and develop in Tampa with a far more talented group of forwards. He wouldn't have a Stamkos here. You never know what would happen if you switch the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad