Speculation: Remaining ufa's, who will find a job or not?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Unless his injury really hurts his skating, Polak will find a job. He's a solid bottom pairing guy. He and Hunwick were super mediocre for the first part of the year, but Polak in particular was excellent down the stretch and into the playoffs. He's certainly one of the better skaters on that list.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
First thing that came to my mind

I'll admit I have not watched him play in the past 2 years but looking at his stats it seems like he was injured a lot

But I remember him being better in his own zone, and able to play wing or center. And his good offensive years werent 10 years ago like Hemsky, he had 35 points in 53 games with CGY in 2016. And he's one year younger.

Honestly Bergevin is so lost, he probably just confused the two forward from Dallas whose name's starting with an H.

Not anymore. He can play the wing well, but he's **** at center, and really ****ing slow now.

Anyways, regarding the list.

Iginla could still be effective in the right role/system.
Jagr is still effective, but it's Jagr. He won't sign unless he's getting a solid paycheque.
Wideman on a cheap deal could be worth it as a #6/7.
Chiasson is a very effective bottom 6 player for a defensive role.
White, again, solid bottom 6 defensive player.
Winnik is a good bottom 6 defensive player. I'd imagine he just doesn't want another one year deal.
Laich could still be a good 4th line center.
Franson is still a good #5/6 dman.
Gionta/Vanek/Stafford could be good middle 6 scoring wingers.

Last edited:

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Jagr - Edmonton
Iginla - Calgary
Doan - Edmonton/retirement
Gionta - Retires
Wideman - Detroit
Vanek - Europe
Hudler - Europe
Upshall - San Jose
Purcell - Europe
Polak - Europe
Stafford - Pittsburgh

Edmonton is setup up front

Maroon-McDavid-Strome
Lucic-Draisailt-Slepyshev
Jokinen-RNH-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Letestu-Kassian

I could see them signing Franson..

Last edited:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Maroon-McDavid-Strome
Jokinen-RNH-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Letestu-Kassian

Slepyshev has 4 NHL goals, Puljujarvi has one and he scored it by accident. They are far from set up front. If I'm Chiarelli, I'm all over Gionta.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Maroon-McDavid-Strome
Jokinen-RNH-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Letestu-Kassian

you have a guy pencilled into the top 6 that had 10pts in 41 games last year....Edmonton could use another top 6 option. Iggy/Jagr would be an upgrade

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Beauchemin to sign with Anaheim

I heard Francois Beauchemin is having one last go with the Ducks (1 year). I guess he wants one last chance at winning a cup

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
It makes sense on some levels, particularly our injuries going into the season and the mutual familiarity. Then again, with Lindholm allegedly being a good amount ahead of schedule, the need for further insurance wouldn't be as big. Either way, it would have to be dirt cheap and I hope he has enough left in him to not tarnish his good name among Ducks fans, which seems questionable.

Also, judging by a translated version, it doesn't seem like it's speculation but rather a rumor. I certainly don't know how reliable the source is, to be fair.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I loved Beauch during his time with us but I don't really want him back. He'd be a good limited minutes guy, but I have zero faith that Randy would treat him a such. That and I'd rather gouge my own eyes out with a spork than have to watch Bieksa and Beauch on the ice at the same time trying to relive their glory days.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Assuming it would be a cheap one year deal, I'd have no issue with Beauch coming back. As Vipers alluded to, I just hope he'd have enough left in the tank to contribute and see no hit to his perceived legacy

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I suspect, by month's end, we'll see this year's RW stopgap special from Ray Shero.

If they're keen on shifting Johansson to RW, then I'd imagine this year's PTO will be given to Brian Gionta. He'd be a good insurance option in case Speers/Noesen are unable to hold down the bottom-6 RW slots regularly.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
sorry if above, i havent read all 60+ posts

but FYI there were brief murmers associating Chiasson and Gelinas with NYR ( fyi re Chiasson there were reports before Eklund also mentioned it ...)

as NYR fan, i don't mind adding insurance/depth,
and they're young-ish with many NHL games,
can always waive them to Hartford (or claim)
but they dont thrill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad