Confirmed with Link: Rem Pitlick signed 1 year 2 way deal

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I wouldn't be too concerned about Pitlick passing through waivers at least to start the season. I think Pitlick can be an NHL player but I feel like every organization has their own guys like him who are mid-20s and are just on the cusp that they'd give a shot too before they claim him. The issue will be if he lights it up in the AHL this season and we bring him up that it might be tough to get him back down again.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If we think he’ll get picked up off waivers I’d rather keep him up and pass someone like Grimaldi down
I think we're already looking at doing that anyway, *IF* everybody is healthy out of camp, and *IF* nothing else changes (which are both acknowledged "big ifs").

Assuming Borowiecki is back and we go 13/8/2 for our roster, and if Tomasino and Glass are both going to make the team, then we already don't have room for Grimaldi OR Pitlick.

But as Predsanddead24 notes above, there is a huge crush of players on waivers and demoted as every team breaks camp, so even if all of those things come to pass, there's probably a pretty reasonable chance he clears in that timeframe. Unless he does something like light up the preseason in scoring or something.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Really hope he gets a fair chance. He has nothing left to show in the AHL.

It’s time to sink or swim.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I know, I know...you all hate this, but he had really solid play driving possession numbers last year in his short stent, and as far as the eye ball test, he looked quick, created some good chances, and defensively he played competently. I would love to see him more with more minutes.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I know, I know...you all hate this, but he had really solid play driving possession numbers last year in his short stent, and as far as the eye ball test, he looked quick, created some good chances, and defensively he played competently. I would love to see him more with more minutes.
Agreed. I see him as a sort of dark horse to possibly make the step up and fill Haula's vacant position in the lineup. But it also depends on Glass' knee rehab and where our coaches assess players in terms of overall development.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I can't see why any of us would hate this. I just feel like I haven't seen enough of him to really have a strong opinion... he did look quick and was going to the right places on attack, but was also a bit sheltered and it's hard to really pick up much on the defensive side in limited TV viewings. It would not surprise me if he's more ready than Glass or Tomasino.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I can't see why any of us would hate this. I just feel like I haven't seen enough of him to really have a strong opinion... he did look quick and was going to the right places on attack, but was also a bit sheltered and it's hard to really pick up much on the defensive side in limited TV viewings. It would not surprise me if he's more ready than Glass or Tomasino.
I feel like I only saw him 2 or 3 times during the games that he did play. Between limited minutes, crappy camera angles and production idiocy (constantly bouncing in and out of iso-cam views) you just don't see enough of the ice anymore to get a feel for some players.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad