Recalled/Assigned: Rem Pitlick & RHP Called Up: January 17th

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I've developed resentment towards this guy for some reason. I hope he gets sent down right before the game.

Why is that? Another small forward and you don't want the team to get smaller?

I like that he brings team speed and his contract is such that if he gets sent down, he doesn't count against the cap at all, unlike Dado, Hoff, Drou, Army, Gally, etc...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He’s not even the best player in Laval…

You don’t think he’ll get 8 goals, 6 assists tonight?
37 points last year may never be reached again but he is decent if he is used properly. None of the AHL vets are worthy of a call up including Richard.
Pitlick has shown he can play in the NHL.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
37 points last year may never be reached again but he is decent if he is used properly. None of the AHL vets are worthy of a call up including Richard.
If you go with the best player in Laval, it’s Richard. Why is he not deserving it while Pitlick who does nothing is?

Reactions: jrom and Canad13ns

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
when your team isn't scoring and you lack energy and talent, you call up a Pitlick because that's the best of what's left. Then you are reminded what an absolute shambles our available prospect pool looks like and you want to punch Bergevin in the nuts, and slap Timmins with his little T-Rex arms.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If you go with the best player in Laval, it’s Richard. Why is he not deserving it while Pitlick who does nothing is?
Richard was drafted in 2015 and has never proven he can play at the NHL level. Pitlick has skated well in Laval and I would argue with anyone that says he hasn't been that good.
We shouldn't forget some of his fine play last season. He shouldn't be cast off this quickly while many useless vets keep getting a free pass.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Does he (Richard) need to clear waivers to go back down? If he does, what’s the sense of bringing him up just to lose him? Another team may want a closer look at Rem Vs Pezz if one is a throw in on a trade? Don’t know…. just reaching here.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
With what he showed in camp, it should have been Richard. He's a speedster. I think he'd make a case to stay on the team even, ahead of Pezzetta at this point. I also would like to know if he'd have to clear waivers. Cause if not there's no reason not to call him up.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Does he (Richard) need to clear waivers to go back down? If he does, what’s the sense of bringing him up just to lose him? Another team may want a closer look at Rem Vs Pezz if one is a throw in on a trade? Don’t know…. just reaching here.
I’m not sure either if he would have to clear waivers, I would think so since he’s also signed by the habs not just Laval. But i don’t think he would be claimed if Pitlick wasn’t!

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Richard cleared waivers early October. Pezz would have to clear as well.

Pitlick performance might have been affected after clearing waivers.

The only waiver free options are Ylonen & RHP but it's their last year iirc.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
With what he showed in camp, it should have been Richard. He's a speedster. I think he'd make a case to stay on the team even, ahead of Pezzetta at this point. I also would like to know if he'd have to clear waivers. Cause if not there's no reason not to call him up.

He would have to clear waivers after 30 days/10 games on the NHL roster.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

30 days in the NHL or 10 games.

Then he would require waivers.

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
On my way home, I heard Martin Lemay and Mathias Brunet talk about Pitlick and how they heard his attitude was bad with the Rocket, as it was with Habs earlier in the season.

Lemay said that St-Louis wanted to play Pitlick, but Gorton and Hughes didn’t like how he acted after being left out.

Goes along what we heard earlier this season about him being frustrated.

Reactions: Tyson

JohnTheBaptist

We are brothers/sisters and of the Divine Source
Nov 13, 2022
On my way home, I heard Martin Lemay and Mathias Brunet talk about Pitlick and how they heard his attitude was bad with the Rocket, as it was with Habs earlier in the season.

Lemay said that St-Louis wanted to play Pitlick, but Gorton and Hughes didn’t like how he acted after being left out.

Goes along what we heard earlier this season about him being frustrated.
That was a blunder of a contract, perhaps the 1st actual "bad" move by HuGo.

Reactions: Tyson

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
At the end of the day, at 25 years old, those guy like Richard, deserve a chance to play in the NHL if production in the AHL is trending on right direction. If habs send him down back and been claim. Im gonna be happy for the guy.

Reactions: A55P2 and BJCOLLINS

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Bring Richard up and waive Armia, he's useless and no teams will trade for him. I would end the experiment.

Richard needs to stay in Laval. Seems like a potential future Captain for them.

Sending down Armia doesn't help the Habs in the long run.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
That was a blunder of a contract, perhaps the 1st actual "bad" move by HuGo.

With the season he had, I can understand Gorton and Hughes wanted to give him a chance to see what he got.

He came in on a hot streak, and St-Louis liked him so much he was playing him everywhere and every situation. The guy went from not playing to one of the most used forward, and as the season went a long his play dipped.

At 1.1m it doesn’t matter much because he won’t count on the cap if you send him down, but if he brings that type of attitude in a season where many players are sitting it’s worrisome.

Reactions: JohnTheBaptist

JohnTheBaptist

Nov 13, 2022
Richard needs to stay in Laval. Seems like a potential future Captain for them.

Sending down Armia doesn't help the Habs in the long run.
Doesn't have to be Richard, what about RHP? Waving Armia would send a great message to all the players that they will not tolerate uselessness. If he's not happy playing in Laval he could just retire early and go back to a euro league where he belongs.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Yes. Richard definitely is.

I don't get this . Pitlick has been useless in Laval.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Doesn't have to be Richard, what about RHP? Waving Armia would send a great message to all the players that they will not tolerate uselessness. If he's not happy playing in Laval he could just retire early and go back to a euro league where he belongs.

Except he won't and will be an AHL cap anchor until 2025.

The best option is keeping him up and trying to entice a GM to trade for him.

JohnTheBaptist

Nov 13, 2022
Except he won't and will be an AHL cap anchor until 2025.

The best option is keeping him up and trying to entice a GM to trade for him.
Hopefully Bergevin will put in a good word for him in Los Angeles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad