OT: Relocating to Colorado

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Go to New Mexico... if you dare.

Even they can figure out left lane=fast, right lane=slow, which has escaped Colorado.

Been there, done that. Traffic in SLC, NM and CO are nothing compared to the Bay Area or LA. But it all just points out that avoid commuting if possible.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
That's funny. I went to SLC winter before last and the locals uniformly said how horrible SLC drivers are.
Around SLC yeah... and this isn't to be sexist but its a ton of women driving Sequoia's, Envoys etc, basically cars that are just WAYYYY to big for them.

It isn't so much the drivers. It's just the volume. I lived in Ogden so I got to be in the mountains basically. Then I had a 30 minute drive to the Airport to fly out for my shoots that I'd go to. Colorado is literally the opposite. You could live as east as possible on Colfax and you could still be in for a 45 minute drive to DIA.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Around SLC yeah... and this isn't to be sexist but its a ton of women driving Sequoia's, Envoys etc, basically cars that are just WAYYYY to big for them.

Soccer moms driving big white SUV's are a pet peeve of mine.

Reactions: Hornstar

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

It isn't so much the drivers. It's just the volume. I lived in Ogden so I got to be in the mountains basically. Then I had a 30 minute drive to the Airport to fly out for my shoots that I'd go to. Colorado is literally the opposite. You could live as east as possible on Colfax and you could still be in for a 45 minute drive to DIA.
giphy.gif

They are needed for the 7 kids.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
SLC might have the highest concentration of obnoxiously large SUVs to person ratio in the entire Western United States. God damn MAVs (Mormon Assault Vehicles)

ROFLMAO! As someone that lived in the Bay Area for 10 years and then moved to SLC for a year, you have no idea how humorous this is to me. The cultural difference was illuminating.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
In Italy right now - Italians might be the worst in the world. As one Uber driver told me - everyone here drives like it’s their last day on the earth.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Arizona when it rains...I feared for my life. Senior citizens aplenty and a bunch of other people freaked out about water coming from the sky, along with the fact that their sewer/drainage system isn't at all designed to handle deluges so the streets were practically flooded.

In Italy right now - Italians might be the worst in the world. As one Uber driver told me - everyone here drives like it’s their last day on the earth.

Been to Italy twice and it's pretty crazy. I remember being on the bus making fun of two little compacts that ran into one another--they just kept driving, no stop or exchange of info. :laugh: Those three-wheeled scooters are my favorite.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I was looking into moving out there soon but the housing and college costs kind of put me off to it. Maybe I’ll go back and look into other areas than Ft. Collins/Denver and see if housing is any cheaper (not that it’s any better where I am now but I do have a secure job here now)

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Denver's super expensive. I've lived here for 33 years now and to be honest, my next move will not be in the Denver area. There's much better areas of the country now.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wife and I did a last-minute trip out to Denver/Golden/Arvada to do a hike up to St. Mary's Glacier and see my old man and some of my close friends. Good times. I'm just astounded at how everything is booming. Olde Town Arvada was basically a dump, you went there to tour the old mill as a kid, buy a Griff's burger now and again, or get something from the Army/Navy Surplus shop (it burned down years ago) and that was it. Now? There's shops and restaurants everywhere, it's thriving like I've never seen it. Same goes with Golden. There were some signs of life when I moved away but it's just exploded into a hipster haven now. The good news is that there's still a lot of local flavor to the place, not a ton of chains and what not.

My hometown (Arvada) still pretty much looks the same though, Olde Town notwithstanding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad