Reliving Briere's Best Playoff Goals

member 30781

http://thehockeywriters.com/reliving-brieres-best-playoff-goals-as-a-flyer/

We can't sugar coat it. Briere's tenure in Philadelphia has likely come to a close. The Flyers will likely amnesty him in the offseason and there is a slim chance he'd return to Philadelphia.

But he leaves here having been a key force in the playoffs for the Orange and Black - and he's scored some key playoff goals to boot.

In my article above, I list a few personal favorites of mine.

What are yours?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
For me it's the tying goal in Boston and one you didn't feature, a slapshot to butcher Marty in 2010. That second one always stuck with me for whatever reason.

Watching these videos really shows how washed up he is now. He really hit the wall fast and hard.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
For me it's the tying goal in Boston and one you didn't feature, a slapshot to butcher Marty in 2010. That second one always stuck with me for whatever reason.

Watching these videos really shows how washed up he is now. He really hit the wall fast and hard.

This is the reason I always remember that Brodeur one.

:laugh:

laundryman

Jun 28, 2011
I always like the goal he scored against Chicago in game 3. Classic Briere right there

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
He was awesome against Boston and Chicago. As others have said the game tying goal against Boston will stay in flyers lore for years. Two towers of my favorites were the game winner on the Powerplay against Boston in game 6. Mr Playoffs! His goal against the Hawks in game 6 was another one. When he scored that I thought that's it were winning this game and the series. Sadly it didnt work out. But thanks for the memories Danny B.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
At some point during that run they showed a clip of Briere roofing pucks point blank into both corners during warmup, and talking about it being one of his pre-game routines. Then he scored one of those exact goals during the game. That amused me.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
My favorite of his was the goal where he tapped Ryan Miller on the head afterwards. Love it.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
His offsides break-away goal against the Penguins last year, Game 1 that got us back into the game. :laugh:

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
At some point during that run they showed a clip of Briere roofing pucks point blank into both corners during warmup, and talking about it being one of his pre-game routines. Then he scored one of those exact goals during the game. That amused me.

I saw him doing that last night and he broke his goal drought...I think we finally nailed down the problem :sarcasm:

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Briere Game 6 against the Hawks. It's the only highlight from that game I dare watch to this day.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
More like Brian Campbell got his stick in the way

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec

I really liked Briere and I hope he will be back to form next year, with the Flyers. Unless they make a big acquisition, there's no reason to amnesty him this summer. If we miss the playoffs, he'll have a high value at the deadline. If we make them, we'll be happy to have him around. He's also a very good leader in key games. I remember Lavy praising him speech between the periods in the Buffalo series. He's helped Giroux a lot to develop, and he did it with Couturier too. You can say whatever you want about his recent play, Briere is a very dedicated player and deserves respect from us.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
This thread just made me really sad. I love Danny Briere for 2010 and I loved that whole damn team. It was the most exciting playoff run I've ever seen in my life (I'm 23, keep in mind.) That team... heart.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I could watch those clips all day.

No question for me it's game 7 against the Bruins. Close runner up is his tying goal in game 1 against the Bruins in the same series. Just an unbelievable effort.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Carter had a wide open net to force game 7 and misplaced the shot. He did the same thing against the Penguins in game 2 the year before.

The Pens deal was frustrating, but let's not make him the whipping boy for the Finals. It's dishonest. Short of magic, what was he supposed to do to get that shot in? He would have needed to phase Campbell's stick out of existence, for starters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad