Release the Strachan

vektorious

Nov 19, 2009
We are 3-0 with him in the line up! He really has been getting better and better. I never notice him making mistakes. He is solid defensively and offensively. I remember thinking those same things about Garrison. I hope he stays up with the team for the remainder of the season...

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Ok all of you photoshop guru's, I think we need an animated gif with Liam Neeson from Clash of the Titans saying "Release the Strachan" and then Strachan in some way (maybe from yesterday's fight).

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/280836_o.gif

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115635

Done. I didn't use the fight cause he got his ass kicked, lol.

ibo4OtevS5qY9P.gif

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I don't know if his shot is on par with Garrison's shot but he brings a lot of energy and skating to the team.

I hope he stays up with the team when Guds returns. He deserves the opportunity!

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I think we have to ask ourselves a startling question that might give us the heebie jeebies.....

Is it us, or Dineen That can't properly assess talented defenseman?

I personally thought, after watching Strachan in the playoffs last year that he proved he was miles ahead of Ellerby.

Suddenly Jovo is captain but he's not capable of coming on our 4 game road trip.

Is he REALLY that great in the locker room to make a man and invisible Captain 50 percent of the time?

Why not just make the veteran whose name is already on the cup and who's going us the most ice team and most skill, Campbell, the C?

And what the hell is Gordon Murphy doing allowing all of this to go down?

With that said, I love Gudbranson and think he's the Captain after Jovo retires, so maybe I'm the one unworthy of judging who plays a dream who doesn't.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think we have to ask ourselves a startling question that might give us the heebie jeebies.....

I personally thought, after watching Strachan in the playoffs last year that he proved he was miles ahead of Ellerby.

Suddenly Jovo is captain but he's not capable of coming on our 4 game road trip.

Is he REALLY that great in the locker room to make a man and invisible Captain 50 percent of the time?

Why not just make the veteran whose name is already on the cup and who's going us the most ice team and most skill, Campbell, the C?

With that said, I love Gudbranson and think he's the Captain after Jovo retires, so maybe I'm the one unworthy of judging who plays a dream who doesn't.

Strachan is playing well and played well last year but Ellerby needs ice time to see what he can do. He's never been in the lineup consistently. I'm sure Dineen and Tallon are assesing if he has a future with us.

Captain has little to do with skill and everything to do with leadership and who the players respect. I think we should defer to Dineen on his choice of Jovo. Jovo got cheap shotted to his knee which is why he's not on the trip.

With that said, I'm not the biggest fan of Dineen's decision to give certain players ice time. I feel like he underplays Mueller, Shore, and Hubs. I think his lines can be questionable at times too.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Didn't Jovo pull his groin?

Strachan has been terrific, and steady, but what to do with who we have?

They'll figure it out

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Strachan seems to be getting better and better over time and this is exactly why I was annoyed over the last couple of weeks when Dineen didn't play him over say Ellerby or Jovo. The guy has a great sense of where to be at the right time, can play physical, and contribute offensively. Very eager to see how the guy develops in the future.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl

Erick*

Strachan could play awesome, but if he's on a two-way contract and the others aren't, the others are going to play when healthy.

That's the way the business of the sport works. Has nothing to do with Dineen.

And Ellerby is also going to get more playing time because he's younger. As it is, both Ellerby and Strachan should be playing every night even when everybody is healthy. Jovo, Kuba, and Weaver look like the three stooges most nights.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Strachan could play awesome, but if he's on a two-way contract and the others aren't, the others are going to play when healthy.

And Ellerby is also going to get more playing time because he's younger. As it is, both Ellerby and Strachan should be playing every night even when everybody is healthy. Jovo, Kuba, and Weaver look like the three stooges most nights.

This.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL

Strachan is on a one-way deal now, so that's no excuse anymore.

i disagree about Kuba. he had a rough start but i think he's gotten better since the first few games. he was probably out of shape. weaver and jovo are awful though

Last edited:

Panthers are Red

Why so sad?
Jun 27, 2011
By my computer
This is why I was against giving Jovo the captaincy, we now have a captain who probably shouldn't be in the team at all, yet because he is captain he almost has to be played when fit. Does anyone think he is one of the best 6 Dmen we have?

I still think Weaver can be a useful player but he seems to be struggling more with his size this year than last year. I know he is undersized but last year he managed to play around that whilst this year I have seen him trying to out-muscle players and fail.

What pairings would everyone like to see if all our D was fit?

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
ive been impressed with strachan. solid straight forward game. good first pass. id prefer him over weaver, but i am a known weaver hater. more than anything we need guds back. we have almost no physicality back there right now. ill be even more happy when we get petro in the lineup. nothing will make me happier than seeing those two beating up the opposing forwards and making them hate grinding it out in the corners against us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad