Proposal: Reinhart for Girgensons or Girgensons for Reinhart

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I would have liked to seen people's opinions prior to last night's prospect game on the same question.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
I am sorry, you will never get me to trade Girgensons. In real life, the offer coming back the other way will never be a Sam Reinhart level player so this exercise will never happen.

Girgensons is as close to a sure thing as you can get for a player with only a few years experience. He will be able to get you 50 points while making life difficult for the other team. And in a playoff series I want Zemgus here, not playing against me.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
It's really hard to answer this. As evidenced by my username I am a Girgs fanboy.

I go with my boy here. And I'm leaving skill sets and ceilings aside. It's simply because Girgensons is loyal, an extremely hard worker, and has bled blue and gold from the second he made the team. The intensity he brings every single shift keeps everyone on their toes. I hate that "heart and soul" phrase, but it's truly the aura he projects. Every good team needs a player like that. If they don't have it, best believe they're looking for it.

My answer could be different two years from now. Samson just hasn't shown us anything yet.

I also am more keen to keep the heavier, stronger players. Samson got tossed around like a wet noodle, and I don't notice much difference in his size this year.

Sweet Chilly Heat

Dec 10, 2013
It's really hard to answer this. As evidenced by my username I am a Girgs fanboy.

I go with my boy here. And I'm leaving skill sets and ceilings aside. It's simply because Girgensons is loyal, an extremely hard worker, and has bled blue and gold from the second he made the team. The intensity he brings every single shift keeps everyone on their toes. I hate that "heart and soul" phrase, but it's truly the aura he projects. Every good team needs a player like that. If they don't have it, best believe they're looking for it.

My answer could be different two years from now. Samson just hasn't shown us anything yet.

I also am more keen to keep the heavier, stronger players. Samson got tossed around like a wet noodle, and I don't notice much difference in his size this year.

I don't know i watch every Sabres game, and Girgs took shifts and sometimes games off. he was great sometimes and invisable others. I dont know i don't see why every ones loves him so much, he is a tad over rated in my books, and would be great 3rd line centre, hopefully he can convert to RW and be a wayne simmonds type power forward, I think thats best case, and that would make me a happy Sabres fan.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I don't know i watch every Sabres game, and Girgs took shifts and sometimes games off. he was great sometimes and invisable others. I dont know i don't see why every ones loves him so much, he is a tad over rated in my books, and would be great 3rd line centre, hopefully he can convert to RW and be a wayne simmonds type power forward, I think thats best case, and that would make me a happy Sabres fan.

You're not wrong, he's also 21 years old and was arguably our best player for the first half of the season on a **** team.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
You're not wrong, he's also 21 years old and was arguably our best player for the first half of the season on a **** team.

Sometimes it was difficult for him to get going. Same goes for every player. But the effort was never lacking. At least I never saw any blatant rolling over.

sfoote

Jan 6, 2013
I am sorry, you will never get me to trade Girgensons. In real life, the offer coming back the other way will never be a Sam Reinhart level player so this exercise will never happen.

Girgensons is as close to a sure thing as you can get for a player with only a few years experience. He will be able to get you 50 points while making life difficult for the other team. And in a playoff series I want Zemgus here, not playing against me.
Couldn't agree more. Hopefully Reinhart will be great but I'll take Girgs.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
Frankly I'm not sure if I had Reinhart I'd trade him for Girgenson or if I had Girgenson I'd trade him for Reinhart.

Reinhart has a higher celing, I'm found of comparing him to Seguin in that they were both 2nd overall picks in weak years. Don't short sell his potential.

His D game development will be interesting to watch.

I suppose new school thinking would favor Reinhart, but I think Girgenson will end up being the better defensive player and have value in an ugly street fight of a playoff series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad