Proposal: Reinhart for Girgensons or Girgensons for Reinhart

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Hypothetical trade just to gauge value to the Sabres going forward. Imagine the Sabres only currently have one of them on the roster and the other is on a different team. You are forced to make a trade. Do you trade Reinhart for Girgensons, or Girgensons for Reinhart?

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
probably would have been easier just to say which player do you prefer. Girgensons is more proven, Reinhart more potential :dunno:

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
This is a very complicated way to ask a simple question.

In any case, I love both players, but if I had to pick one, I'd rather have Reinhart going forward.

sfoote

Jan 6, 2013
Reinhart may become a better regular season performer,but for the playoffs, I'll take Girgs every time over Sam.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
Well, looking at the roster sans Reinhart, it's Eichel, ROR, and Larsson down the middle. Still pretty damn good. So I'd look to trade Reinhart for Girg simply because Girg would bring the type of game to the top six that the roster without him lacks. None of the other scoring forwards can play a power forward-ish type of game. And I envision him being a better winger than Reinhart. Yet he'd still be able to slide to center when there is an injury.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Just glad we have both.

anigif_optimized-29941-1427413465-1.gif

:handclap:

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I'm a BIG Girgensons fan. Not really confident about Reinhart meeting his full potential.

But, I would trade Girgensons for Reinhart. Samson is the higher ceiling prospect that could be a #1 center. Girgensons is a top W or #2 center potential player and encapsulates everything I like about hockey, but he wouldn't be a #1C that a contending team would need.

Sabres83

Feb 27, 2014
Really love both of them. Totally different players who I think will both be extremely important to the team for a long time. Really glad that we're lucky enough to have both guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad