Speculation: Reimer to Edmonton

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
It's just a damn shame we have two talented goalies right now and not enough room to play them Kenny.

casio.gif

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
it would be a dumb move but the Holland jokes ring a bit hollow when Yzerman was dumb enough to bring him in himself a mere few months ago

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
it would be a dumb move but the Holland jokes ring a bit hollow when Yzerman was dumb enough to bring him in himself a mere few months ago
Oh yeah, tons of egg on the face of Yzerman, all over it. :rolleyes:

Wasn't useful when the team lost two starters and looks bad signing him to a 1-year deal and possibly trading him for a pick. All things, so stupid.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Oh yeah, tons of egg on the face of Yzerman, all over it. :rolleyes:

Wasn't useful when the team lost two starters and looks bad signing him to a 1-year deal and possibly trading him for a pick. All things, so stupid.

fine whatever

keep making lame jokes about how Holland is so dumb that he might hypothetically be dumb enough to be interested in a guy that our GM targeted in free agency a mere few months ago

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Is this speculation, or just Seravalli saying it would make sense if it did happen?

With Husso still injured, I can't see Reimer going anywhere soon. Once we get to the deadline? If we have 3 healthy goalies at the time? Yeah, I'd imagine Reimer gets shipped somewhere. And good riddance. Forget his rainbow affliction, I just hate his style and see him as a very low ceiling goalie.

Reactions: barriers

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Is this speculation, or just Seravalli saying it would make sense if it did happen?

With Husso still injured, I can't see Reimer going anywhere soon. Once we get to the deadline? If we have 3 healthy goalies at the time? Yeah, I'd imagine Reimer gets shipped somewhere. And good riddance. Forget his rainbow affliction, I just hate his style and see him as a very low ceiling goalie.
Hutch has more NHL experience than Lyon. And when Lyon/Husso were out, Hutch's game was the best goalie performance we got. Call him up and bring last season's ECHL Cossa/Lethemon show to the AHL.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
fine whatever

keep making lame jokes about how Holland is so dumb that he might hypothetically be dumb enough to be interested in a guy that our GM targeted in free agency a mere few months ago
Do I think Reimer has been a great acquisition? Obviously not. But it's not exactly apples to apples when comparing:

1) He came here for zero assets and on a cheap deal for one year. And even with poor overall play, there have been enough injuries at the position that a warm body was occasionally required.
2) Edmonton would be parting with one or more assets to acquire a player who has now looked pretty awful on multiple teams and appears to be cooked at the NHL level.

I'm not praising Yzerman for bringing him here. But Holland trading anything whatsoever for Reimer would be orders of magnitude worse.

Make it happen!!! :D

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Reimer (and his family) has taken a lot of grief from Canadian hockey media and fans over his career. I don't think it's a coincidence that his no-trade clause is 7 teams long.

Reactions: GoBoltz56

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
That would be too awesome to actually happen. He has been so awful this season I don't know how any team could want him for an NHL roster regardless of his experience.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I find it hard to believe that any team that watched Reimer this year thinks that he can improve their team :huh:
We just need ONE general manager to use the HFB strategy, and go out on a limb without actually watching the games. :D

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
fine whatever

If Reimer was on the street right now and Holland brought him in no one would be making fun of him. It's the fact he's got to trade for someone as bad as Reimer which is laughable. Yzerman brought him for nothing essentially blocking no one.

Also, Lyon was "targeted" too so maybe Yzerman has some reservations about Reimer himself and this is Yzerman's worst case scenario playing out. (Reimers bad). It's not exactly crippling the team.

The joke is if he's actually able to pull value out of this bad player and... of well course it's Ken Holland who offers the value, why wouldn't it be? Guy is inches away from being waived anyways.

Last edited:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

It's because we are trading for markstrom and hanifin soon. obvi.

Reactions: jaster

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Do I think Reimer has been a great acquisition? Obviously not. But it's not exactly apples to apples when comparing:

1) He came here for zero assets and on a cheap deal for one year. And even with poor overall play, there have been enough injuries at the position that a warm body was occasionally required.
2) Edmonton would be parting with one or more assets to acquire a player who has now looked pretty awful on multiple teams and appears to be cooked at the NHL level.

I'm not praising Yzerman for bringing him here. But Holland trading anything whatsoever for Reimer would be orders of magnitude worse.

Make it happen!!! :D

If Reimer was on the street right now and Holland brought him in no one would be making fun of him. It's the fact he's got to trade for someone as bad as Reimer which is laughable. Yzerman brought him for nothing essentially blocking no one.

Also, Lyon was "targeted" too so maybe Yzerman has some reservations about Reimer himself and this is Yzerman's worst case scenario playing out. (Reimers bad). It's not exactly crippling the team.

The joke is if he's actually able to pull value out of this bad player and... of well course it's Ken Holland who offers the value, why wouldn't it be? Guy is inches away from being waived anyways.

I honestly don't see trading a late round pick for someone as something worse than signing them in free agency for a year

if anything i'd generally argue the other way around, they're both pretty small commitments but there's probably more options out there in the offseason than there is right now

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
fine whatever

It's less about going after Reimer specifically and more about how he's put himself in his own terrible goalie situation where he's targeting a second tier backup goalie to try to fix his situation.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Hutch has more NHL experience than Lyon. And when Lyon/Husso were out, Hutch's game was the best goalie performance we got. Call him up and bring last season's ECHL Cossa/Lethemon show to the AHL.
I don't necessarily disagree, but since Detroit has held 3 goalies all season and called up Hutch only when absolutely necessary, I don't see them doing that. I think Reimer gets moved only if all our goalies are healthy, based on the precedent Yzerman has set this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad