News Article: Reimer Return Imminent

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Perfect scenario. Even when 100 percent ready they can wait a few to make absolutely sure.

Now watch him go in the net within 2 games. lol

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That's the mistake Ron Wilson did last year when Reimer returned from his injury that cost him his job and the colossal fall out of the playoffs.

Reimer hasn't won anything nor proven anything to be called the #1. He has to earn it over Scrivens period... He's coming back from injury with Scrivens playing so well Reimer should be given spot duty and earn the net again if we don't want a repeat from last season. Nothing should be given to him and that includes the tittle of being called the #1.

Not that Reimer has a ton of experience himself he doesn't but he does have significantly more then Scrivens he has proven more then Scrivens he is the #1

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Well, if Reimer returned against Ottawa, i would play him since he always dominates the Sens especially at Scotiabank Place he is 5-0-0 there

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
That's exactly what cost the Leafs... The Leafs were in 1st place in the east when Reimer returned and was given the net over Gustavsson who was getting the job done. Reimer was off consistently allowing soft goals like Scrivens did with the NYI and Tampa games this year that sunk the team in front and was constantly GIVEN starts one after the other to get going cause he was the #1. Up to January with the team now in 9th place and the change in goal happen again back to Gustavsson suddenly the team saw it's self climb back up the standings to 5th just 3 pts out 4th allowing a grand total of zero PP goals against and 3 shut outs during that month. What was wrong with the teams defense during that time? After just 1 bad period from Gus he went right back to Reimer who was still off and lookie lookie Wilson's decision of no trust in Gus effected the whole team cause both goalies lacked confidence for 2 different reasons after that point where they couldn't stop beach balls that sunk the entire team which was related to the coach and was fired in result of it.

I'm with you on this. Wilson was extremely frustrating last season when he was messing up the goalie situation so much. It's like he purposely did things a(( backwards with them.

SteveV*

@jonasTSN1050

Randy Carlyle mentioned that Reimer might be available for Thursday's game in Long Island.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
@jonasTSN1050

Randy Carlyle mentioned that Reimer might be available for Thursday's game in Long Island.

Brett-Lawrie-Jose-Bautista-Dancing-Dugout.gif

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Goalie controversy brewing.

Scrivens has been good but he's shaky at times and his rebound control is terrible.

Reimer has to return to #1 form for this team to make the playoffs.

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
Scrivens has played really well in Reimer's absence, but I'd have a bit more confidence in the team with Reimer in net.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
With a phrase like "Return Imminent", OP has got to preface with Optimus Reim.:nod:

david999

Jan 21, 2011
TSN was also reporting on their hockey scroller that Frattin is also possible for Thursday:handclap:

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
If we are winning with Scrivens we should stay with Scrivens.

Alot of back to backs, I really dont want scrivens playing on Wed and Thurs, it's just asking too much in a season like this.

We need the split tandem this year, if both look good, I still go with Reimer, but you're gonna need both with the numerous amount of games each week.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I was hoping for Scrivens to play the Montreal game with Reimer on the bench, and then Reimer the game ins NY. If Reimer isn't ready to go I would take my chances with Rynnas. I really don't want to put Scrivens in a back to back again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad