News Article: Reimer Return Imminent

BillyD

JUST WIN BABY
Jun 23, 2009
Ok, looks good:

James Reimer considers himself just about ready to get back in net.

A bit of vague stuff on Frattin, Lupul and Orr too:

Scrivens will most likely get the start in Ottawa on Saturday night. Carlyle says Reimer’s impending return is not going to be a problem in terms of who plays.

“One-A and One-B,†said Carlyle. “That’s the way we’ll deal with it. If one guy gets hot, he’s going to get a chance to run with it.â€

Reimer said his injury was’t as bad as it looked when he was helped off the ice in the game against Philadelphia.

“I just pushed across (the ice) and I felt something go,†said Reimer. “I tried to put a little bit of weight on it and right away it felt like something was off. Just the way the gear was pushing on it put more pressure on it.

“As soon as I got of the ice and could stabilize it, I walked under my own weight. When I got my gear off, the pain wasn’t that bad.â€

Reimer said one of the most frustrating things was that he’d worked hard in the summer to get healthy and hopefully stay healthy.

“I felt like I took care of myself,†said Reimer. “And something like this happens on a routine play. My trainer put it best, saying if I hadn’t done what I did, it might be six-to-eight-week injury.â€

NOTES: All the Leafs injured players took part in some form of practice: Joffrey Lupul (broken forearm) and Matt Frattin (knee) skated prior to practice. Lupul spent most of his time with skating coach Barb Underhil . . . Colton Orr (lower body) also skated a little bit.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...close_to_coming_back_coach_wont_rush_him.html

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
james-reimer-o.gif

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I thought I read somewhere Riemer said hes getting closer but no timetable yet. Besides, Riemer can take a seat for now, he is not needed as the #1 goalie currently, sorry to say but Scrivens has done an excellent job. Let Scrivens role with it until he slides then bring in Riemer, it would be an idiotic move to kill one goalies confidence and then bring in a rusty one in return.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
He can take his sweet time, he shouldn't be on the ice unless 100% ready to go. Right now keep riding Scrivens as long as we can.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I thought I read somewhere Riemer said hes getting closer but no timetable yet. Besides, Riemer can take a seat for now, he is not needed as the #1 goalie currently, sorry to say but Scrivens has done an excellent job. Let Scrivens role with it until he slides then bring in Riemer, it would be an idiotic move to kill one goalies confidence and then bring in a rusty one in return.

he's been great but Reimer is still #1

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
he's been great but Reimer is still #1

That's the mistake Ron Wilson did last year when Reimer returned from his injury that cost him his job and the colossal fall out of the playoffs.

Reimer hasn't won anything nor proven anything to be called the #1. He has to earn it over Scrivens period... He's coming back from injury with Scrivens playing so well Reimer should be given spot duty and earn the net again if we don't want a repeat from last season. Nothing should be given to him and that includes the tittle of being called the #1.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
That's the mistake Ron Wilson did last year when Reimer returned from his injury that cost him his job and the colossal fall out of the playoffs.

Reimer hasn't won anything nor proven anything to be called the #1. He has to earn it over Scrivens period... He's coming back from injury with Scrivens playing so well Reimer should be given spot duty and earn the net again if we don't want a repeat from last season. Nothing should be given to him and that includes the tittle of being called the #1.

That's the difference between Carlyle and Wilson. You won't see Reimer being thrown into the fire right away, especially with the way Scrivens has been playing.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011

All 3 goalie had horrible stats last year.. that wasn't what cost the leafs

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
All 3 goalie had horrible stats last year.. that wasn't what cost the leafs

That's exactly what cost the Leafs... The Leafs were in 1st place in the east when Reimer returned and was given the net over Gustavsson who was getting the job done. Reimer was off consistently allowing soft goals like Scrivens did with the NYI and Tampa games this year that sunk the team in front and was constantly GIVEN starts one after the other to get going cause he was the #1. Up to January with the team now in 9th place and the change in goal happen again back to Gustavsson suddenly the team saw it's self climb back up the standings to 5th just 3 pts out 4th allowing a grand total of zero PP goals against and 3 shut outs during that month. What was wrong with the teams defense during that time? After just 1 bad period from Gus he went right back to Reimer who was still off and lookie lookie Wilson's decision of no trust in Gus effected the whole team cause both goalies lacked confidence for 2 different reasons after that point where they couldn't stop beach balls that sunk the entire team which was related to the coach and was fired in result of it.

You guys can buy right in to this crap about the improvement defensively if you want the real improvement has been in net defensively the team has just had 2 games this year with the type of goaltending they got last year and surprise surprise they lost in ugly fashion in both of them. Why aren't we blaming those games on the coach, system and defensive game? I'll tell you why there's no defensive structure that can help you when your goalies aren't making the 1st save like last year.

It starts in net for defensive structure to work. Goaltending sunk the team last year period.

ktf

May 5, 2006
Victoria, B.C.
I like the idea of starting Reimer against the Isles next Thursday. It puts over two weeks since the injury and it is the second game of a back to back. Scrivens can play Sat, Mon, and Weds all with a day off in between. This is of course assuming he is actually ready to go... but if he is day to day right now, he should be really solid by next Thursday

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
I like the idea of starting Reimer against the Isles next Thursday. It puts over two weeks since the injury and it is the second game of a back to back. Scrivens can play Sat, Mon, and Weds all with a day off in between. This is of course assuming he is actually ready to go... but if he is day to day right now, he should be really solid by next Thursday

that is if scrivens is hot. if scrivens falters next couple of games i think we could see Reimer in the net wedesday

Morlesio14*

Wait till he's 100 %, I'm fine playing Scrivens for 2-3 more games if we need to

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
That's exactly what cost the Leafs... The Leafs were in 1st place in the east when Reimer returned and was given the net over Gustavsson who was getting the job done. Reimer was off consistently allowing soft goals like Scrivens did with the NYI and Tampa games this year that sunk the team in front and was constantly GIVEN starts one after the other to get going cause he was the #1. Up to January with the team now in 9th place and the change in goal happen again back to Gustavsson suddenly the team saw it's self climb back up the standings to 5th just 3 pts out 4th allowing a grand total of zero PP goals against and 3 shut outs during that month. What was wrong with the teams defense during that time? After just 1 bad period from Gus he went right back to Reimer who was still off and lookie lookie Wilson's decision of no trust in Gus effected the whole team cause both goalies lacked confidence for 2 different reasons after that point where they couldn't stop beach balls that sunk the entire team which was related to the coach and was fired in result of it.

You guys can buy right in to this crap about the improvement defensively if you want the real improvement has been in net defensively the team has just had 2 games this year with the type of goaltending they got last year and surprise surprise they lost in ugly fashion in both of them. Why aren't we blaming those games on the coach, system and defensive game? I'll tell you why there's no defensive structure that can help you when your goalies aren't making the 1st save like last year.

It starts in net for defensive structure to work. Goaltending sunk the team last year period.

I disagree if the goalies are better it's because the team is allowing them to gain confidence. Can you not see that there has been way less quality scoring chances against us way fewer odd man rushes. For the most part the defence is doing a great job keeping the shots the outside. Two goalies Don't all of a sudden go from being terrible to allstars overnight.

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
frankly, seeing how good scrivens has been i'm more looking forward to frattin being back. he looks like a legit 30 goal scorer with kadri.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
I want Reimer to come in and back-up Scrivens, until scrivens has a bad game. The last thing we want is a re-injury. Another 2-3 games backing up Scrivens I think will be ok. The we can go back to our #1 reimer for the remainder of the season.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
“One-A and One-B,†said Carlyle. “That’s the way we’ll deal with it. If one guy gets hot, he’s going to get a chance to run with it.â€

Does that sound frighteningly like the Ron Wilson days to anyone?

Apr 1, 2010
He can take his sweet time, he shouldn't be on the ice unless 100% ready to go. Right now keep riding Scrivens as long as we can.

Yup.

Scrivens has shown he deserves a prolonged look.

This is tricky since Reimer hasn't exactly sewn up a #1 spot like a Price or Brodeur has.

Wilson ****ed this up last year. Let's hope Carlyle has better luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad