Reimer makes contact with Nash outside crease, ruled goalie interference

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Doesn't seem like an outrageous call to me. Reimer is in the crease and Nash backs into him. Even though contact isn't that hard, it's still of his own skating.

Reimer kinda got bailed out there by the call because after the initial contact with Nash, Reimer engages him and hooks him with his stick. That probably kept him from getting in position more than the contact.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Good call. Reimer is in his crease when contact is made. All these people screaming he's out of it, are clearly out of it, themselves.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Nash is trying to move across the front of the crease. Reimer moves forward and McCann pushes Nash into Reimer, preventing him from being able to move.

Nash didn't put himself a position to not avoid GI. Combination of Reimer being right behind him and McCann pushing him did.

Doesn't matter if Reimer's feet are in the crease or not.

Should be a good goal.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Goalie interference? Well now, let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means...I know what you think it means. To me, it's just a made-up phrase, a politician's phrase so that young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie and have a job.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I do not understand this rule.

Right at the start of the video Nash makes contact with Reimer left skate, before the D is really pushing him. Then as he tries to slide out between the D and Reimer, makes contact with Reimer right skate.
At all times during this video, Reimer has his feet inside the blue except for when he's knocked off balance by Nash.

Considering the call on the ice is no goal, there's not enough there to overturn the call, especially given the standard they've been applying for this season. Past seasons don't count because each year they update the directives for various things, GI seems to be one of them this year along with the slashing and faceoffs.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It could have gone either way. The opposing player is not really in the crease, Reiner is. Skater is entitled to his spot as well.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
A standard goalie interference. Nothing strange about it.

Btw you can't interfere with a player who's not in possession of the puck. A goalie or a skater, in the crease or outside of it.

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
Reimer was obviously in the crease. His left skate left the crease for half a second after the contact when he was trying to adjust himself. Obviously goalie interference

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad