Reimer makes contact with Nash outside crease, ruled goalie interference

RoyalDuder

Dec 26, 2011
NY
One of the worst calls I've seen this season so far, plus it negated a beautiful goal. So a goalie can just skate outside the crease and collide with someone and it's goalie interference?

Reactions: AnimalFear

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I think people would find these calls less confusing and stupid if we just accept that they are confusing and stupid. If a goal gets reviewed I don't really consider any of the specifics its just whatever the hell they decide.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
One of the worst calls I've seen this season so far, plus it negated a beautiful goal. So a goalie can just skate outside the crease and collide with someone and it's goalie interference?

He wasn't outside of the crease though. Seems to be an unknown fact with all the people commenting on goaltender interference calls. But the crease is the entire blue area surrounding the goalie net.

Reimer had both his feet inside the blue when he and nash made contact with each other.

Also another little unknown fact apparently. Goalies are able to come out to the edge of said blue paint to try and cut off the angle of the shot. If a opposing player is there and stops the goalie then it is goaltender interference.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Outside the crease = both feet inside the blue paint? I think you might need to get a new pair of glasses because the ones you have are not working.
Then look at the goal last year where it was the exact same thing and called a goal against the Rangers. The NHLs response was Rantta’s head was outside the crease.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Alain Vigneault rips refs for game-tying goal in Rangers loss

When we made the call, initially the referee that hadn’t made the initial call came to us and said ‘The reason he’s saying it’s a good goal is because Antti was out of the blue,’ which I’m looking at and his two feet are in the blue paint, and there’s contact that lifts his mask, and obviously he can’t see the shot. And then they told us that Antti’s feet were in the blue, but his head was outside the blue paint, so it was involuntary contact because Antti’s face was out of the blue.

So what I see here is Reimer's face/body part which had contact was outside the crease.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad