Reilly Smith

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Whenever I think about how this kind of thing has been going on with this team, I look at Sid and Geno's numbers over the years and it just reminds me how damn good they are. They've managed to stay productive for their ages, despite the way this team seems to kill the production of anyone else who joins it.

Even EK is starting to look to your average puck moving defensemen lately, instead of a star scorer.
If Sid had as many PPP as the other top scorers, he'd be in the running for the Art Ross....at 36.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Well, he can´t get any worse, it´s not even possible. So he better improves A LOT. Also, calling him a replacement for healthy Zucker is not right. It´s night and day, really. Zucker was forechecking like a demon, was emotional, was physical. What is Smith really? Can´t name a single positive thing about what he really is.
He's not injured.
He showed great hands early on.

Zucker is hardly lighting it up, 18games - 5g 3a 8pts

Note that his woes pretty much started when Rakell got injuured. Rackell was also getting opportunities but not burying them. For Malkin to be effective he needs fast wingers to do the forechecking for him. This in turn creates more opportunities for Smith.

Right now the team funk is squarely on the coaching staff.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad