Regular season next year

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Now that we’ve got a true taste of what meaningful hockey is all about, what’s your interest level going into next years regular season compared to last year?

I imagine there’s going to be significant drop off in interest and way more tickets for sale than last year, and most fans will be waiting in anticipation for playoffs, as opposed to the ‘big games’ in the regular season?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Now that we’ve got a true taste of what meaningful hockey is all about, what’s your interest level going into next years regular season compared to last year?
My interest level is always sky high. This coming season I will be most interested in the next steps taken by our young core.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I already can’t wait for the season to start. I only missed 2 games this past season and it was the last 2! If they play the same way as this past season I doubt there will be a drop off in attendance.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I will take great interest in watching the established young guys continue to grow. I will also turn my attention to any of our prospects who make the team.

You can't look past the season to the playoffs.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
My interest level for next season...

11.jpg

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I’m about as excited as I was about last season, that being said if we get(Free Agent/ Trade), grow(Roslovic) or keep(Stastny, as long as it’s not Little) a new 2C I’ll be more excited and optimistic for it...

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think we'll struggle for many games to the point we're upset, Maurice gets relieved of coaching duties, then we succeed even further and win the cup.

Or we just flat out stay awesome the entire season.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I think we'll struggle for many games to the point we're upset, Maurice gets relieved of coaching duties, then we succeed even further and win the cup.

Or we just flat out stay awesome the entire season.

Maurice may have his warts but every coach does. He did a good job this year and I think the players like him. He's here to stay.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I'm excited and little wary at the same time. I was probably more excited about the start of 17-18 before the whole <insert a line> experiment happened. Now I'm slightly concerned that with Stastny probably gone we'll see a rerun of it all, as Maurice has shown in the past how stubborn he can be with the line combinations (and the unwillingness to optimize them). Out of the scale from 1 to 10 I would say maybe 8. If the worst doesn't happen I might hit Defcon 9!

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I expect us to be competing for the top spot in the Central with Nashville next season.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
To be honest I don't expect Jets to do as good as their did this year.

This year was an anomaly.

Reactions: Laine Fan

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
My interest level is always super high as well, my excitement level for next season is probably quite a bit higher than it's been since their return though. This is such a good team, can't wait to see what unfolds for them next, especially with all of our young players.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I can't wait to see what Laine does next year. I'm expecting 55-60 goals. I don't know if that's a fair expectation hah

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I assume that if you're interested enough to post on this board in June when nothing is happening for the Jets, you'll be interested in next season's regular season games.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
As usual, the best part of it will be watching some of the guys we drafted and brought to the NHL as teenagers become stronger men. Mentally and physically. Seeing how far Scheif and Trouba have come the last couple years is beautiful. Hoping for some of the same things from Laine, Ehlers, Roslovic, Connor and even Niku.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
I assume that if you're interested enough to post on this board in June when nothing is happening for the Jets, you'll be interested in next season's regular season games.

I’ve always posted in June. And I can safely say my interest level in next years regular season has diminished in anticipation for playoff hockey. But thanks for trying to read my mind!

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Makes no sense to me either. Seems to be that any diehard fan will be counting down the days to next season. Playoffs is the icing on the cake not the main course!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I actually think I had a lot more fun during the regular season than I did watching the playoffs. Playoffs were just way too stressfull, the highs were high but the lows were really depressing. During regular season games I would crack open a drink and enjoy the game, during the playoffs too stressed to do so.

Reactions: Laine Fan

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
It's gonna be interesting to see what happens with Stats, do the Jets sign a free agent C to replace him, should be a good battle for 4C between Copp and Lowry, hopefully no more Hendricks, Hutch, Enstrom, Dano, Mathias, Chariot.... solid 3C in Little, good 4th line with Tanev and Armia!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad