Regarding the Tim Thomas trade rumors..

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Neely may be the team president, but if he's as smart as I think he is he's not going to put his ego in the way of making sure we have the BPA at every position.

Agreed. However definition of BPA for Neely, by default, includes a very healthy dose of heart. IF Thomas is even interested in Boston (I don't think he is) he'll need to convince Neely his heart is 100% in it.

I'd be willing to bet TT plays when league starts -- even more so if it's a short 2013 season. I'd be willing to bet much much more if that were to happen that it won't be in Boston. I know Jack Diddly about it though, just my opinion.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Will it be rest, or rust? Will he be in shape to compete? Has he been playing some hockey somewhere to keep some timing? He relies on athleticism to play, if he hasn't been planning secretly to come back I don't see him being successful picking his ass off the couch and starting playing in what would be a very short camp.
You could be right but it seemed TT was physically and mentally exhausted.If anyone needed an extended break it was Tim.As long as TT hasn't put on any weight and has maintained his flexibility I think he could still play very well.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
That was back when TT would come so far out to challenge shooters, puck carriers literally froze in shock of what they were seeing. I thought he was going to be a disaster. He reigned it in, found the perfect balance, and the rest is history.

Love MSL's reaction.

TT - "That's an easy save for me."

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
At some point, when time has smoothed over the feelings of some and Tim has truly retired, I'd love to see the Tim Thomas Highlight reel thread. No comments allowed, just videos of some of the best moments. I bet it would go at to at least 500 posts.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
At some point, when time has smoothed over the feelings of some and Tim has truly retired, I'd love to see the Tim Thomas Highlight reel thread. No comments allowed, just videos of some of the best moments. I bet it would go at to at least 500 posts.

My favorite is that "look" he gave during the series against the Nucks. I believe it was after a dust up with Burrows.

I can never dislike Tim Thomas. He has very different politics than me but I really liked winning the cup. ;) ...and I am convinced without Timmy the B's would not have won .

Dojji*

My favorite is that "look" he gave during the series against the Nucks. I believe it was after a dust up with Burrows.

I can never dislike Tim Thomas. He has very different politics than me but I really liked winning the cup. ;) ...and I am convinced without Timmy the B's would not have won .

I saw that too. It was delicious. It was clear that he was being "yapped" by someone offscreen, and his face said "Well alright then, if you want to stop talking and actually try it, here I am."

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Take away the FaceBook stuff, & the Haggs character assination, judge Timmy for what we saw on the ice. What are we left with? A damn good goaltender who played at an elite level, who played a strong role in winning the teams first Cup in 39 years. The man delivered when the chips were down. I'll forever think highly of Thomas' time here in Boston. He was/ is one of the games greatest. I dont give a crap about his personal views of the world. He's a friggin goaltender, not an elected politician. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Timmy play goal for the B's, he took us fans on a quite a ride in 2011. Thanks Timmy.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Timmy embodied everything I want to see in a Bruin -- blue-collar work ethic, intelligence on the ice, take-no-prisoners attitude, a pissed-off edginess toward the other team, stand up for your teammates on the ice no matter what, and skill. Throw in the fact he played with elite moves when it really counted and helped bring home a cup and you have someone I will always stand behind no matter what kind of crap is blown out of proportion by a few small-minded people in the media. Hell, he would have been treated better if he had beat his wife, gotten drunk in bars and made a fool of himself, and sold his kids to gypsies. He could have come out and said how sorry he was in all those instances and everyone would forgive him and move on. But, oh no, he had to go off and commit the most egregious of all sins and be an athlete that bothers giving his honest opinion about politics on a social networking site. In any case, I hope he plays in the league again and does well. I will root for him wherever he plays in games that are not against the Bruins.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Take away the FaceBook stuff, & the Haggs character assination, judge Timmy for what we saw on the ice. What are we left with? A damn good goaltender who played at an elite level, who played a strong role in winning the teams first Cup in 39 years. The man delivered when the chips were down. I'll forever think highly of Thomas' time here in Boston. He was/ is one of the games greatest. I dont give a crap about his personal views of the world. He's a friggin goaltender, not an elected politician. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Timmy play goal for the B's, he took us fans on a quite a ride in 2011. Thanks Timmy.

^^^ This :handclap: Great Post !

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
There are some who say "Let him go, It's Tuukka time," but if you ask me, I'd love to see him play another year or 2. Doubt he'd have much left after that, but if he did he'd just be proving me wrong...again!

As for the other crap, I judge my politicians on their political views, but that's where it ends. I can't believe anyone would judge an athlete on his or her politics.

Heck, I've never met ANYONE I totally agree with politically!

I agree with Timmy getting the 2011 Conn Smythe tho! :yo:

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Rask is gonna prove everyone wrong. He will stay healthy and prove he can take the team over and be a Vezina caliber goalie year in and year out.

BeardBros

Everything hurt more
Jun 10, 2009

Here you go. My favorite too. This image will remain in my mind for a long time, when thinking about that run.
timmysmirk.jpg

member 96824

Here you go. My favorite too. This image will remain in my mind for a long time, when thinking about that run.
timmysmirk.jpg

Yeah but hes totally thinking about the united states corporate tax code there..and I dont like that. Screw him!

:sarcasm:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Rask is gonna prove everyone wrong. He will stay healthy and prove he can take the team over and be a Vezina caliber goalie year in and year out.

I don't see anybody doubting Rasks ability to be the starter. Why must we choose between the two? Why can't we support both Timmy and Tuukka?

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
shine. Ladyfan we've been really lucky the past few years have 2 elite goaltenders on the same roster. Lets hope Tuukka can avoid the injury bug, otherwise it will be a Khudobin/ Hutchinson tandem in the crease.

We have been very lucky.

I hope hockey starts in a few weeks and we can see Tuukka shine. If by chance Timmy returns ( which I doubt) I don't see that as a bad thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad