Ref Kozari gets accidentally hit by Hayden Fleury -- Taken off on Stretcher

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
That's on Fleury

What, how? He's entitled to defend and occupy that ice.

To me it looks like Kozari thought he was behind and tracking all 10 skaters but didn't realize a Tampa player was coming off the bench.

There's zero reason ot be going for a skate at center ice there unless you thought you had all players in your sights

Joe Rogan

Jun 21, 2019
The NA ice is too crowded as it is at any given time, and the refs still manage to mess up calls and bungle games. Set them aside and get video officiating already

Reactions: JurequeparJuraj

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
The NA ice is too crowded as it is at any given time, and the refs still manage to mess up calls and bungle games. Set them aside and get video officiating already

ppl would complain just as much if not more about whatever algorithm is used to determine hooking, interference, roughing etc.

I’m fine with the human element of officiating. I think most complaints boil down to dissatisfaction with the “game management” approach, which could absolutely be addressed if the league/commissioner/owners found it desirable to do so.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
The back official is almost always in the middle of the ice when the play in the zone, best field of vision. Also when the puck is breaking out they can choose which side they want to go to for better view.
I think referees are usually on different sides of the rink (one on the players' bench, one on the officals box) too.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
That's the position for the high official, they roam the center of the ice when the play is down low..

Kozari is a great skater, a confident skater, he always seems to be closer to the play because of these attributes.

What, how? He's entitled to defend and occupy that ice.

To me it looks like Kozari thought he was behind and tracking all 10 skaters but didn't realize a Tampa player was coming off the bench.

There's zero reason ot be going for a skate at center ice there unless you thought you had all players in your sights

The back official is almost always in the middle of the ice when the play in the zone, best field of vision. Also when the puck is breaking out they can choose which side they want to go to for better view.

I think it’s just an unfortunate accident, it happens sometimes. Kozari misjudged where the 10th guy was as he transitioned to get to the other side of the ice and outta the way, and the 10th guy failed to see him change direction, he’d tunnel-visioned on the puck beyond Kozari.

That’s my read anyways, weird how many are wondering what he’s doing when it seems pretty clear. He cut to the middle for a better view, then was trying to go where the puck wasn’t.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
How is there nothing on this? Sure hope next time a player gets fubar they lose the vhs backup too

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
That's on Fleury
Except it isn't, Kozari got caught out if position at center ice keeping track of play had an "Oh crap, I'm out of position and potentially in a bad spot moment", was in the process of getting to a better spot on the ice where he would interfere with play or an attacking pkayer, Fluery was coming off the bench to join the attack, and the two collided with each other at full speed. Nobody is at fault and just a freak accident that for Kozari's sake unfortunately took the full force absolute worst of.

Reactions: AzHawk

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yeah, you don't change your direction without making sure that nobody is approaching. Hard to blame Fleury. He probably assumed the ref would keep going past him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad